Woodworking for a good cause

I built an Adirondack chair for a friend at work and brought it to the office for him. My boss came in my office today and asked me a few questions about how much I spent on materials and how long it took to build a chair. I told her I had about $25 in materials in each one and I could build two in a day.
After a few minutes she came back and asked if I could build a couple of them to be auctioned off for a charity fund raiser at work. She said I would be given money for the materials. Spare time is pretty hard to come by, but she is a good boss and the charity is deserving so I agreed to build the chairs.
"Just tell me when you need to take the day out of the office to build them. You can do it on company time." Hot damn! A whole, uninterrupted day in the gara...er, shop and I get paid for it. Like I said, she's a good boss.
Dick Durbin
Enjoy, you earned it

On 27 Aug 2003 16:01:19 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@tfn.net (Dick Durbin) Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:
snippage of terrible neener
you SUCK
*G* good on you, hope the auction works out well.
Traves
The only way to go. Otherwise any attempt by the company to claim a donation would be bogus.

George wrote:

Unless you're a salaried employee or otherwise not subject to the usual labor laws, in which case All Time Is Company Time.
When you don't punch a clock, it's harder to maintain the dividing line.
They got any more job openings? Sounds better than where I work already.

Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes