Woodworking discussion on Boston Legal last night.

Did anybody else catch the woodworking discussion on the TV show _Boston Legal_ last night?
Solid Ash, and a fine piece at that one is led to believe.
--

FF

Don't normally watch but got a 'leg up' on that epiode. Mike in Arkansas
If I recollect correctly, that fine piece was a wooden leg....
Fred the Red Shirt wrote:

not my kind of show, there was a Law & order on a little while ago where a guy was killed using a gouge, they spend some time trying to figure out what kind of weapon the guy used, left a "U" shaped hole. as soon as I saw The wound I told my wife "the killer was a wood turner" but then again I always suspect wood turners, there a shifty lot! (said in bitter loathing, I WANT A LATH!!!!!!) and as the detectives where looking into who wanted the guy killed, one of the guys worked at a furniture shop, while they where interviewing him one of the cops saw the gouges he was working with and made the connection, I would have used the Skew Chisel, makes a less distinctive wound.

On the same show or one of its sister shows they found the victim with what looked to me to be a Stanley scratch awl sticking out of her chest. They called it an ice pick, so I figured I didn't get a good look at it.
Turns out it was a scratch awl.
--

FF