Woodworking Adhesive Survey

That was not intentional Dave. I forgot the topic. Please send me a personal message to my valid address above and we will go over that topic again - whatever it may have been. Your posted address does not appear to be valid. Otherwise I would have sent you a private msg.

Hoyt W.

Reply to
Hoyt Weathers

So, I seemed to miss out on something here.

What happened? :-)

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

I ran whois on both places. They came back to different DNSs. The OP said he was from one and posted from the other. The OP admits that he failed to admit to his affiliation, that was the cause of my, as well as others, suspicion. I made no wild accusations. Since the OP has explained his affiliation, perhaps this thread can now end.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave in fairfax

I want to post here to see if this student replies again..

Test>

Reply to
Roger L

May I suggest that your company manufacture a new product...just for some of the folks in this group.

Call it...TiteAss II lol

Sorry some people here jumped down your throat. There was nothing wrong with your post...especially considering the expected learning experience you anticipated on your end.

UNexpectedly...and this is probably a GOOD thing...you got responses that you had NOT anticipated. Don't take that as anything negative, however. It should actually aid you in your future studies.

Good luck...and good initiative!!

Remember to honor our troops...past and present.

And have a nice Memorial Day weekend.

Trent©

Reply to
Trent©

That does not change the fact that the survey sucked. It was not set up properly and therefore the result is meaningless. Give a negative to question #3 and the rest of the questions should be invalidated. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

got there.

But I got the impression that they didn't actually set up the format for the survey. It looked like they were locked in to the format of that site.

Remember to honor our troops...past and present.

And have a nice Memorial Day weekend.

Trent©

Reply to
Trent©

The whole purpose of this survey was to find out opinions about a product for purposes of research and to possibly improve a product from your responses.

What I am not clear on is the whole purpose of this message board. To accuse, put down the efforts of others. I would think your time would be better spent woodworking.

Reply to
Franklin Univ Student

Thanks for the advice. We just wanted unbiased opinion.

Reply to
Franklin Univ Student

Ya know, you would have gotten a very different and much warmer reception had you been forthright about your affiliation with Franklin International, instead of attempting to deceive us with this nonsense about a university research project.

FWIW, I notice that you're *still* posting from Franklin International's domain, not the university's.

The purpose of this newsgroup is to serve as a discussion forum for woodworking-related topics. It is not intended as a place for commercial businesses seeking marketing information to pose as university researchers.

You're in a hole. Stop digging.

Doug Miller

Ya really think so? I don't! lol

Good point.

He already TOLD you that he did it as part of his schooling...a project that was approved by the SCHOOL. Pay attention!

When YOU post here, do you post your employer affiliation? Does anybody else here?...except maybe Lee Valley. Why should HE be asked to state his company affiliation?

The survey could just as easily have been posted by anyone else in his study group. He would still have been a member of that study group...still a Franklin employee. So what?

You guys simply jumped his ass...without first knowing all the facts.

Quit diggin'.

Have a nice week...

Trent©

Dyslexics of the world ... UNTIE !

Reply to
Trent©

Welcome to USENET where for every person who has something to contribute there are ten who are here just to be annoying. Your killfile is your friend.

You would probably do better though, if you're looking for answers, to just post your questions here than to invite people to take a survey.

Reply to
J. Clarke

You must be a young person. In my warmest grandfatherly manner, let me share some possibly useful lessons:

[1] There are no unbiased opinions. [2] Deception (lying, withholding an essential part of a truth in order to deceive, or providing a carefully selected set of truths in order to lead someone to an incorrect conclusion) violates most peoples' sense of "trustworthy". [3] Nearly all people subscribe to the principles embodied in the Boy Scouts' "Scout Law" (trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, ...) and afford to others a standing that correlates fairly closely to their perception of the other person conducting themselves in accordance with those principles. [4] Commercial endeavors are measured similarly; and standings are based additionally on perceptions of value delivered for price asked, behavior of the business organization as a whole, and behavior of all individuals involved in the business. [5] Although not specifically mentioned in [3] and [4], the principles of justice (balanced behavior and exchanges) and fairness (equability) are major factors in standing afforded. [6] The perception is that you were attempting to deceive the rec.woodworking *community*; and this community perceives deceivers as economic and/or safety threats. [7] Woodworking is closely related to the craft that gave us the English word "sincere"; and sincerity is highly valued by those who practice this craft. We especially value those community members whose works (and lives!) need no "spackle" (DAGS).

I'm reponding with all of this because I'm inclined to believe that your /intention/ wasn't dishonest; and that your behavior was clumsy rather than despicable.

My perception is that marketing folks have a tendancy to get so wrapped up with numbers that they forget that those numbers represent real warm, breathing, feeling, thinking human beings.

My unsolicited opinion: Anyone (in any field) who forgets that fact can only aspire to being a "hack" (a second-rater) and will not ever be able to produce really first class results. You may have a different opinion; but please at least ask yourself: "What if he's right about that?"

Elsethread you asked the purpose of the group. The group is a community with several purposes: to teach and pass on experience, to learn from the experience of others, and to provide a certain amount of social interchange and mutual support between people with a common interest in woodworking. It's not just about tools and sawdust.

All of the above is ( biased :-) opinion.

HTH

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Tue, Jun 1, 2004, 5:45am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@email.franklin.edu (Franklin=A0Univ=A0Student) whimpers: The whole purpose of this survey was to find out opinions about a product for purposes of research and to possibly improve a product from your responses. What I am not clear on is the whole purpose of this message board. To accuse, put down the efforts of others. I would think your time would be better spent woodworking.

Spend some time learning to clearly express yourself with the written word. You're not very close so far. Again, I never even looked at your survey. I figured it'd be BS, based solely on the way you failed to clearly express yourself in your original post, Apparently, I was right.

One recent example: It's a newsgroup, not a message board.

Well, in truth, I doubt sincerely I would have taken the survey, no matter how well it was written, but I might have at least looked at it if you written better. At least, if you had, I doubt I would have responded at all. But, a college student, supposedly a grad student, writing that poorly? Gimme a break.

If you check, I said I use Titebond II. Used it for years, and prefer it. But, I know other makes of glues, will work too. So, keep whining, and I'll start looking, with an eye to switching.

Write an article, on something you think you know a lot about. Then submit it to a few magazines, and see what they say about your writing.

JOAT If you're offered free wood, take it, period; figure out what to use it for later.

- JOAT

Reply to
J T

Sounds like the only "graduate student" that has posted in this thread. :)

Roger

Reply to
Roger L

I have addressed all of the concerns that you have. If you have any further concerns feel free to post them. If not let's consider the matter closed.

Reply to
Franklin Univ Student

There is no "smoke screen", this is a student project and it clearly states in the opening of the survey that the results may be sharred with the manufacturer. There is no conspiracy.

Reply to
Franklin Univ Student

We have only your word for that. At best, it's a student project doing undisclosed double duty as a marketing survey; at worst, it's a marketing survey masquerading as a student project.

However, it does *not* state that you are an employee of Franklin International, an affiliation which you deliberately concealed.

You're in a hole, Vince. It's time to stop digging.

Doug Miller

And then...

ROTFLMAO !!!

Moreover, English may not his primary language be.

Have a nice week...

Trent©

Dyslexics of the world ... UNTIE !

Reply to
Trent©

You haven't been here long enough to understand Doug's personality.

Trust me...you should just move on! lol