Woodworking Adhesive Survey

Thanks for your criticism. Since I am a student I can only take this as constructive, although I doubt that is how you meant it.

Reply to
Franklin Univ Student

There was deceitfullness in this survey period.

Reply to
Franklin Univ Student

I informed them of what had happened and that if, indeed it was done by them that it was inappropriate as well as a bad marketing idea. The first paragraph was designed to make them aware that it had happened either with or without their knowledge and that they needed to address the situation, both internally and publicly. I did not "fly off the handle". I reported the problem to the person in charge of marketing and to the VP in charge of adhesives.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave in fairfax

Franklin University, and this survey is, in fact, for a class I am taking in the graduate school program. When the instructor for the course (Marketing Research and Theory, 601), handed out the assignment to prepare a survey, she recommended we do the survey on behalf of one of the companies for which the team members work to imitate a real-world situation. Because I am an employee at Franklin International, I suggested doing the survey on our HiPURformer product. The group agreed that this would be an interested project on which to do the survey. I worked on the survey on-line from home, I happened to posted the survey on the web from work. As you saw in the instructions, we were up front in indicating that the responses to the survey would be shared with the manufacturer of HiPURformer. (We didn't indicate who the manufacturer was only because we felt that would sway the results of the survey.)

I apologize for any confusion around this. It's important for me to tell you that, I, as all of us at Franklin, have the highest regard for woodworkers. It is for you that Franklin International works. The Masters program at Franklin University is aware of this research and supports it fully. Thank you.

Reply to
Franklin Univ Student

Sorry that it does not work on your Mac. I work on a Mac exclusively, so I feel your pain. We used this service because it was easy to navigate. I did not have any issues. Are you running OSX? If I had know this I would have used a different srevice. Thanks for the criticism however negative.

Reply to
Franklin Univ Student

I've been using Titebond glue for a long time. I like that the behavior has been consistant and dependable; and that I've not ever even heard of a bad batch. Less than eight hours before this posting appeared, I was at the store replenishing my supply.

I recall recent posts quoting letters of assistance from Franklin (the glue folks, not the university) written to help ordinary woodworkers understand clamping requirements.

None of the above is the kind of behavior I'd expect from a deceitful organization.

This poster made the unwise decision to not reveal his/her employment relationship with the manufacturer - and (one would hope) has acquired even more education than expected; and (one would hope again) accrued a bit of wisdom that should prove useful in a marketing career.

[For the MRT-601 class (and instructor): Sometimes it's wiser to accept that results are biased; and that it may be necessary to go through additional effort to quantify that bias so that the biased results can be properly normalized.]

I plan to keep on using Franklin products as long as they're of consistant high quality, are priced affordably, and are readily available.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Let me first reassure you that I am, in fact, a graduate student at Franklin University, and this survey is, in fact, for a class I am taking in the graduate school program. When the instructor for the course (Marketing Research and Theory, 601), handed out the assignment to prepare a survey, she recommended we do the survey on behalf of one of the companies for which the team members work to imitate a real-world situation. Because I am an employee at Franklin International, I suggested doing the survey on our HiPURformer product. The group agreed that this would be an interested project on which to do the survey. I worked on the survey on-line from home, I happened to posted the survey on the web from work. As you saw in the instructions, we were up front in indicating that the responses to the survey would be shared with the manufacturer of HiPURformer. (We didn't indicate who the manufacturer was only because we felt that would sway the results of the survey.)

I apologize for any confusion around this. It's important for me to tell you that, I, as all of us at Franklin, have the highest regard for woodworkers. It is for you that Franklin International works. The Masters program at Franklin University is aware of this research and supports it fully. Thank you.

Reply to
Franklin Univ Student

Let me first reassure you that I am, in fact, a graduate student at Franklin University, and this survey is, in fact, for a class I am taking in the graduate school program. (Marketing Research and Theory,

601)

I apologize for any confusion around this. It's important for me to tell you that, I, as all of us at Franklin, have the highest regard for woodworkers. It is for you that Franklin International works. The Masters program at Franklin University is aware of this research and supports it fully. Thank you.

Reply to
Franklin Univ Student

And how many times are you going to repeat this? We all saw it the first time :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Thank you John for suggesting doing your homework before you assume the worst.

Reply to
Franklin Univ Student

And then you came here and started making wild accusations.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I will NOT be taking the survey. Why? It sounded fishy from the get-go. Then all heck broke out and it got worse. I have read every reply including all of the OP's weak replies. It still does not wash with me. In my opinion it was a dumb thing for the OP to post into this fine group the way he did. Perhaps he will add all of this to his final report or product. Who here would ever trust any survey results done anywhere and posted by Franklin? Not me !

I use their products because they work for me. That will not change.

Hoyt W.

Reply to
Hoyt Weathers

On Fri, 28 May 2004 09:02:47 -0700, Larry Blanchard stated wide-eyed, with arms akimbo:

Did you see the survey? I'd have guessed much younger (jr. high level?) and less-experienced researchers by the content and flow. [Best of luck to the FU'ers. They'll certainly need it.]

- Yea, though I walk through the valley of Minwax, I shall stain no Cherry.

Larry Jaques

I'm sure that the powers that be have been trembling at the thought that you might forgo using their products. They had visions of Chapter 13 dancing before their eyes until you assured them that you will continue to purchase their products. We can all sleep well tonight!

BTW, Hoyt, you never got back to me on your reasons for wanting me to email you. Did you REALLY have something personal to discuss? You ignored my previous request for clarification. If you keep ignoring my questions, I'll assume you have no good answers; especially when the question was asked only in response to your curiously odd post to "Bay Area Dave"...

dave

Hoyt Weathers wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

[...]

Uh-huh. And I'm the King of Siam.

The relevant header on this one is the same as on the spam: NNTP-Posting-Host: 209.211.171.194

In other words, you're *still* posting from inside Franklin International's network.

[snip]

Yeah, right. Your regard for us is so high that you think none of us are able to see through this smoke screen.

Doug Miller

Let's see, according to the website, Franklin International is located in Columbus, OH. Franklin University on the other hand is located in....... Columbus, OH. What are the possibilities that some students at Franklin University could be doing a project in cooperation with a local company that bears a strikingly similar name and may actually sponser some stuff at Franklin University? Anyone on this list ever do a group class project in college? Did you by chance have to pick some real world entity or situation so that the project had some degree of reality to it, not just some professor's excercise? I know that I did such a project in grad school. I pity the poor corporation that actually relies on the results of such projects, but the managers probably met some of their community service requirements by spending a few hours "helping" these students. Looks good at the next performance review with the boss. May have even provided some server space and bandwidth.

On the other hand ...maybe not.

Dave Hall

Reply to
David Hall

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Fri, May 28, 2004, 10:48am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@email.franklin.edu (Franklin=A0Univ=A0Student) puts out: Let me first reassure you that I am, in fact, a graduate student I happened to posted the survey on the web from work. The Masters program at Franklin University is aware of this research and supports it fully

"I happened to posted"? ROTFLMAO

A graduate student, eh? What grade? I didn't look at your survey. Why? At least partly, because you could not express youself clearly in writing. You didn't even come close. So, knew the "survey" was going to be even stupider. You don't need a marketing course, you need a writing course.

If Franklin's masters program is aware of the project, they sure as Hell must not be checking it.

By the way, repeating the same post over and over, that's just pathetic.

For your information, I use Titebond II. I don't buy it because of marketing, I buy it because it works, and I like it. I don't buy ANYTHING because of marketing, and/or surveys. In fact, I consider people that do that type of work somewhat untrustworthy, because usually they are trying to sell someting they know nothing about. What I do is research what I'm after, screw your marketing, I try to get input from people who actually bought and use whatever. But, it wouldn't matter if you do, or not, because if I don't need glue at the moment, I'm not buying any. And, when I do buy glue, I'm not going to depend on marketing, or some stupid survey, I'm going to a store and buy the glue I want, which, as it happens, is Titebond II. However, I know there are other glues that work, so keep expressing yourself as poorly as you did in your original post, and I'm willing to consider changing brands. No prob.

Don't forget to sign up for a writing class.

JOAT "106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." - Elwood

"Hit it." - Joliet Jake

Reply to
J T