Woodworking

What are some of your latest projects?
Share them with us at sawdustforums.com
On Monday, November 12, 2012 8:39:59 AM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Must be a new forum. I saw nothing there.
Last night, I did a dry fit on a bistro table and cleaned up/straightened up in the shop. No pics were taken.
Lately, we've pulled the nails in half the salvaged lumber from the old cypress house we tore down. Also, got the walnut washed off (of sawdust) and stickered/stacked.
On Monday, November 12, 2012 10:08:28 AM UTC-5, Sonny wrote:

Yes, we are fairly new. Trying to create a fun place to share information and tips.
SawDustForums.com
On Monday, November 12, 2012 7:41:08 AM UTC-8, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

November 12, 2012 8:39:59 AM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: > > > What are some of your latest projects? Share them with us at sawdustforums.com > > > > Must be a new forum. I saw nothing there. > > > > Last night, I did a dry fit on a bistro table and cleaned up/straightened up in the shop. No pics were taken. > > > > Lately, we've pulled the nails in half the salvaged lumber from the old cypress house we tore down. Also, got the walnut washed off Yes, we are fairly new. Trying to create a fun place to share information and tips. SawDustForums.com
Why not try rec.woodworking ?

Sorry to be so blunt, but, in short, what has historically turned out to be a lukewarm idea 20 years ago, almost insures that you are basically wasting your time at this stage of the 21st century.
With only a couple of well known exceptions, web based woodworking forums have been supplanted by blogs and podcasts, both text based and with rich media/video content ... and the preponderance of those are withering on the Internet vine, due mainly to a surfeit of the same content.
IOW, and sorry to say, best of luck, but don't give up your day job ... ;)
(then again, things run in cycles, but you first must live long enough to take advantage of them.)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On Monday, November 12, 2012 11:42:11 AM UTC-5, Swingman wrote:

Retiring by creating a website is not my goal. :)
www.sawdustforums.com
On 11/12/2012 12:22 PM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

How is the activity in the Festool sub-forum?

Having watched at the site
http://lumberjocks.com /
I think that having a huge population does not necessarily lead to be better group. rec.woodworking has a nice size.
I think that having a huge population does not necessarily lead to be better group. rec.woodworking has a nice size.
So you are saying bigger isn't better? Do you find yourself often making that argument? ;^)
Glad this isn't a moderated site; that post might break the rules.
On Monday, November 12, 2012 12:25:39 PM UTC-5, Bill wrote:

We have not reached the point that requires sub-forums. I believe at this point it would be overkill to create sub-forms by brand.
www.sawdustforums.com

Way to get with the 90's. :-p
--

-MIKE-

I have yet to find a web-based discussion forum that is worth spending any time on, and have stopped looking at this time.
You couldn't detect my interest with the Hubble telescope.
--
I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I
like fishing because its the one thing I can think of that probably doesnt.