Woodworkers Showcase and Totally Turning, Saratoga Spring, NY

Reminder, these events occur this weekend!
http://www.nwawoodworkingshow.org/
http://www.totallyturning.com/
On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 09:38:32 -0400

meant to ask how the events went
seems like you are all organized well
are many sales made at these events
"Electric Comet" wrote in message wrote:

We've sort of got it figured out this being the 24th annual Showcase! By all reports the show and educational events all went very well. Next year, being the 25th year, some new things are under discussion as additions to the show. I'm looking forward to it!
John
On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 19:45:00 -0400

congrats to you all everyone that reads this group should look at the works
are any of the demonstrations recorded and available online
"Electric Comet" wrote in message

I know some of the lectures I gave over the years were recorded, as well as others, but I don't believe they were ever posted to the web... (interesting idea though). The videos are kept in our library.
On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 17:26:44 -0400

yes some have capitilized putting them online youtu.be
maybe you can monetize them and help fund your events or do you already and I missed that
lot of conferences routinely record the talks and then post them
at more informal conferences the anecdotal information gleaned from the talks can be real good
not always possible to go the conferences for a lot of people due to time, money, etc..
On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 17:26:44 -0400

looking at the turners you had there were some big names in there and some amazing work
i didn't know some of those things were possible to do on a lathe the hollow stuff defies logic at first glance
but it's good to know that i have plenty of room to grow
god help me i think i need a new lathe though well not new but bigger
"Electric Comet" wrote in message

That is one of the pitfalls to our groups... Coveting thy associates' tools. ;~)
Not so much the tools, but the ability and capability. If you want to turn Urns that are 36" in diameter, one has to want something else than his bench-top. So the early guys designed theirs.
Martin

On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 20:03:55 -0500

what's the difference

that's a big urn
i do recall seeing a 5' bowl turned at a convention the fellow looked a bit nervous i never saw the final bowl
On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 12:57:00 -0400

it is inevitable part of any craft just don't covet their spouse
On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 09:38:32 -0400

BTW those show some real real talented and imaginitive artisans
really beautiful works
was going to say they are humbling but it's more just awe