Woodworker's Warehouse unfair sale practice

Hmmm... another NWA member?

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Tool margins on something like this are often pretty small. I remember once, maybe 10 years ago I worked in a medium sized hardware/lumberyard chain before HD came in and took over. We mostly sold tools to home builders, at a pretty low volume. The employees could buy anything in the store at cost+10%. Typically, buying a nail gun or whatever, the discount would be just enough to pay the tax... our markup on one item I remember in particular, a Skil 77 worm drive saw, was $7. We had to get them by the pallet in order to get quantity discount, and it took us all summer to move that pallet. The only way to beat it would be to get more aggressive pricing, buying 100 train car loads instead of one pallet, the way WalMart and HD do. (It also depends on how many middle men are marking up the price... they typically deal directly with the factory and are their own distributor of the product.)

Reply to
The Other James

Yes, I am. You?

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE

Yes, barely, but Boston is somewhat of a second home to me and so there is where I prefer to go.

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE

Yes... Mid-Hudson Chapter.

Reply to