Woodworker's Showcase Saratoga Springs, NY

Reminder!

With an endorsement from Chris Schwarz's blog today:

few years ago, I attended the Woodworkers Showcase show in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., and I was amazed. It was the most perfect woodworking show I had ever attended. Why? Because of four things....

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Grossbohlin" Newsgroups: rec.woodworking Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 7:25 PM Subject: Woodworkers Showcase Saratoga Springs NY

OK, It's an unabashed plug... I'm on the planning committee! ;~) > > Northeastern Woodworkers Association's > > 17th Annual Fine Woodworking Show > > SHOWCASE > > April 5th & 6th, 2008 > Saratoga Springs City Center > Saratoga Springs, New York > > Featured presenters include: > > a. Doug Stowe -- box maker, furniture maker, author of books and articles, > teacher, and rec.woodworking participant --
> > b. Chris Schwarz -- Editor of Popular Woodworking magazine, author, > teacher >
> > c. Peter Korn -- Founder and Executive Director of the Center for > Furniture > Craftsmanship in Rockport, Maine as well as an author.
> > d. Wayne Barton -- professional woodcarver
> > NWA Showcase web site

John Grossbohlin

I have to agree with John and Chris. I have beeen to the last five shows and will be at this one. It's a great show and as Chirs says you can beat the price.

Joe....

Chiefwoodworker

Sounds great. Now, if only I still lived in Albany....

Reply to
Charlie Self

Aren't you writing a book on woodworking? Sounds like a business trip to me.

Joe.....

Chiefwoodworker

author.www.woodschool.org/

woodcarverwww.chipcarving.com/school.htm

Yabbut...the book is due in about four weeks. Taking time out for a trip just isn't something I can do right now. It's 7 days, as many hours as possible per, until due date. There're still some slight bits of photography to do, then I have to collate all the other photos already on hand, which doesn't note that I need time to write about another 10,000 words, maybe more.

Reply to
Charlie Self

| > > I have to agree with John and Chris. I have beeen to the last five | > > shows and will be at this one. It's a great show and as Chirs says you | > > can beat the price. | >

| > > Joe....www.srww.com | >

I was thinking the same thing...

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

I agree, no better way to spend a Saturday morning. Nice to see some locals here, I live in Latham and try to make it every year.

Reply to
RF

Come join us!

General meetings are at the Shaker site across from Albany Airport.

We run an extensive educational program in addition to putting on the Show each year. I've got a class scheduled at the Mid-Hudson shop in Hurley, NY on how to make a drawer with hand tools, including hand cut dovetails... Last weekend of June.

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin