Woodworker's Journal Any Good?

This is the only Nook (love my Nook) woodworking rag I don't get to date. Is it worth it?

Not IMHO. Seems to me that most of the articles are disguised advertisements for Rockler. (It's published by Rockler.)
On 8/10/2012 4:10 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

Ah ok. Thanks!
On 8/10/2012 4:10 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

Like any mag, it's geared toward beginners. More ads than articles, the stuff repeats every year or so.
If it's 9.00 it's worth it. if its 15 its not... I look at it as something to keep me occupied when I'm bored and not doing one of my hobbies.
I don't get any magazines these days. But I did get WWJ for quite a while. That and Fine Woodworking, Popular Woodworking, Woodworking, Woodworking was the most artistic of the bunch.
All mags today have little in terms of substance. Not like the fine woodworking of yester year with Tage Frid... That was good stuff. He was a good teacher.
On 8/10/2012 2:48 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

To tell you the truth my subscription ran out about 6 months ago. I found that I was immediately tossing them into the garbage after thumbing through them one time. Seemed a waste of time and money. I figured that they are struggling and did not ask for a refund.
On Saturday, August 11, 2012 9:57:33 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:

Jeez, guys. Do NOT toss ANY magazine. Take them to your local VA clinic or medical center.
On 9/5/2012 7:22 PM, Charlie Self wrote:

+1
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

I have not been in the local Rockler for that reason for at least five years. Good guys there, guys from the local WW club, but the mother company sucks.
The Guy who owns (or runs) my local Rockler has a photo in their newsletter and website that looks like an angry serial killer. I finally saw him in the store one day and he looked exactly the same. I am sure he scares away customers with that sour puss.
Rockler has mostly OK stuff. Some of it is kind of gimmicky and some of it is good ideas poorly executed but like anything buyer beware and pick your products.