Woodworker Needed in VA

I have a cherry table that I purchased at an auction. The top of the table is damaged with scratches and lots of cigarette burns. I was hoping to find someone that could plane ~ 1/16" off the top. The table is located in Fairfax VA.

Any ideas where I can get this done and what it might cost?

Pictures available if interested.

Thank you,

CTM

Reply to
CTM

Call around to local woodshops -- cabinet makers, etc. If the top has any width, you'll probably want to run it through a drum sander (I think you'd be hard pressed to find a planer more than 20" wide, but a drum sander can often do 72" in two passes). I can't imagine they'd charge much -- a few bucks. Even free if you got lucky.

Otherwise, get yourself a belt sander or random orbit sander an go at it.

Greg

CTM wrote:

Reply to
Gregory C. Lewin