Woodworker 2 table saw blade / Opinions?

Page 2 of 2

Got one for Christmas this year. Couldn't believe the difference between that and a Freud glue line rip blade. I'm actually kind of scared to use it as it gives such a nice cut. Don't want to wear it out. But when you look at the price of a WW2 versus a Freud it is worth the money.
Allen
allen476 wrote:

No need to worry about "wearing it out." Forrest's sharpening/repair service will re-sharpen it to like new quality and they will replace any missing/damaged carbide tips as well.
~Mark.
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:34:36 -0700 (PDT), KIMOSABE

TOp niotch blade. I've had mine >7 yrs and would buy another one.,
-Zz

I have a 40T regular kerf WWII blade. It is great. I also have a 40T regular kerf blade from Ridge Carbide. It is just as good as the WWII or, perhaps, a tad better. Kinda like "there are Ford men and Chevy men". Take your pick.
Bill
On 8/26/2010 3:51 PM, Bill Leonhardt wrote:

My only question would be longevity. My current WWII's have been sharpened four times a piece over about an 8 year period and are like new when returned from Forrest.
As that could be a deciding factor, anyone have any experience with Ridge Carbide in that regard?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

I've only had my Ridge Carbide sharpened once so far but I don't see any reason it could not take multiple sharpening
IMO, the best blades around are the WWII mentioned, the Ridge, and one of the Infinity. I bought the Ridge at a show and got a good deal with a dado blade and I've been happy with both..
If you have a contractors saw, get the thin kerf version. I had the thick kerf version and returned it for a thin kerf version. A world of difference
Mitch

Ridge provides sharpening, with a fast turn-around, and the blade comes back like new.

It is, if not THE best, one of the very best all purpose blades available. I have used a few others that cut just as well when new, but the WW2 will continue to make smooth clean cuts when the others would have been ready for resharpening. BTW, Forrest has a very good resharpening service and they will sharpen blades from other manufacturers also.
Here's another vote for the WW-II. I don't think you can go wrong with it.
Regards, Roy