Woodwork Magazine????

This supposedly went belly-up in December. But I just received a request for a subscription renewal. Anyone know what's going on?
    -- Andy Barss

Whodathunkit?!
[Press Releases
Owner of American Woodworker Acquires WOODWORK
Consumer enthusiast magazine publisher, New Track Media, expands its commitment to the woodworking category with purchase of special interest magazine, WOODWORK.
Cambridge, MA, August 18, 2008 - Cambridge, MA, August 18, 2008 - New Track Media LLC, the consumer enthusiast publisher that owns American Woodworker, one of the largest magazines in the woodworking category, announced today that it has acquired WOODWORK from Ross Periodicals, Inc. of Novato, CA. "We see this as a logical extension of our commitment to the woodworking subject area, and we expect to continue operating the magazine as an important print resource for woodworking enthusiasts," commented Stephen Kent, President of New Track Media. "We are proud to continue publishing WOODWORK and to continue its mission to provide artistic, professional and fine craft focus editorial to woodworkers of all skill levels."
"We are excited about the acquisition of WOODWORK. It provides another platform to reach the woodworking marketplace and expand our ability to talk to woodworkers of different skill and interests", commented Joel Toner, New Track Media's Vice President and Publishing Director. "Through American Woodworker and WOODWORK, as a company we are now even more strongly positioned to reach the broad audience of woodworkers with information that's both useful and inspirational." ]
Andrew Barss wrote:

They didn't go belly up.
I seem to remember the publisher writing a goodbye column, where he mentioned selling the magazine to another publisher.
Thanks for the info -- I must have read that, and forgotten. What I was remembering was this:
http://www.furnituresociety.org/furn/index.php?page=articles/woodworking_close&no_right=1
    -- Andy Barss
: Andrew Barss wrote: :> This supposedly went belly-up in December. But I just received a request :> for a subscription renewal. Anyone know what's going on? :> :>     -- Andy Barss : They didn't go belly up.
: I seem to remember the publisher writing a goodbye column, where he : mentioned selling the magazine to another publisher.
Andy,
Woodwork is my favorite wood mag. I hope we don't see too many changes.
Are you still kayaking?
cm

: Andy,
: Woodwork is my favorite wood mag. I hope we don't see too many changes.
: Are you still kayaking?
Nope, I have sciatica and a back problem, which gets aggravated by the kayak sitting position. I still like canoeing though, when I get the chance.
    -- Andy Barss
I could never kayak for very long without back pain. I would like to build a more comfortable boat some day. I did have an 18' double kayak that had an open deck design that was pretty nice to paddle as a single.
Have you ever paddled Patagonia lake? Worth while?
cm

Andy,
I read in the last issue I purchased that they had been bought by another publishing company????
cm

Just recently saw an ad about the next issue. I'd expect it will be back in full production soon.
MJM

Here is some info.
http://furnituresociety.org/furn/docs/woodwork_close.pdf