WOODWORK-L Update

After getting *another* "You are not authorized" message, I forwarded it to snipped-for-privacy@indiana.edu with the following comments:

I didn't attempt to post to WOODWORK-L. You still have a problem with your listserv configuration: everyone who posts THRU A NEWSSERVER gets one of these stupid messages. Your continuing problems with this listserv are becoming a MAJOR nuisance on the rec.woodworking newsgroup. Please fix it or shut it down.

and just received this in reply:

The woodworking-l list has been removed from our listserver. James Dudley snipped-for-privacy@iupui.edu UITS Messaging Team 317-274-4783

Doug Miller

HOORAY!

I know that is shouting. :-)

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

Great!!!

Now we can get back to "normal" amount of B$ posted on the wreck which is entertaining/irritating enough.

DexAZ

Reply to
DexAZ
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

S H O U T ... S H O U T ... SHOUT IT ALL OUT! W O O D W O R K - L We can do without! O H Y E A H !

Sorry....I'll get my coat

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

The problem was with the list bouncing the posts that were sent directly to the wreck; a software glitch.

I have a warm spot in my heart for the list itself. It provided my start on the wreck several years ago before I was able to get usenet directly. And that start allowed me to score an Omnijig at a killer price from a wreck user.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

Best available evidence suggests that the list was 'effectively' dead, anyway. A) the only messages forwarded to rec.woodworking from the list in the last 1+ years were "spam". B) nothing posted directly to rec.woodworking was making it to the list.

The conclusion seems insecapable that there was -no- legitimate message traffic going to the list -- and that the shutdown was entirely justified on that basis alone.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi