WOODWORK-L Update

After getting *another* "You are not authorized" message, I forwarded it to snipped-for-privacy@indiana.edu with the following comments:
I didn't attempt to post to WOODWORK-L. You still have a problem with your listserv configuration: everyone who posts THRU A NEWSSERVER gets one of these stupid messages. Your continuing problems with this listserv are becoming a MAJOR nuisance on the rec.woodworking newsgroup. Please fix it or shut it down.
and just received this in reply:
The woodworking-l list has been removed from our listserver. James Dudley snipped-for-privacy@iupui.edu UITS Messaging Team 317-274-4783
HOORAY!
I know that is shouting. :-)
UITS Messaging Team 317-274-4783

Great!!!
Now we can get back to "normal" amount of B$ posted on the wreck which is entertaining/irritating enough.
DexAZ
UITS Messaging Team 317-274-4783

S H O U T ... S H O U T ... SHOUT IT ALL OUT! W O O D W O R K - L We can do without! O H Y E A H !
Sorry....I'll get my coat
--
Jon Down
My eBay items currently listed:

The problem was with the list bouncing the posts that were sent directly to the wreck; a software glitch.
I have a warm spot in my heart for the list itself. It provided my start on the wreck several years ago before I was able to get usenet directly. And that start allowed me to score an Omnijig at a killer price from a wreck user.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

Best available evidence suggests that the list was 'effectively' dead, anyway. A) the only messages forwarded to rec.woodworking from the list in the last 1+ years were "spam". B) nothing posted directly to rec.woodworking was making it to the list.
The conclusion seems insecapable that there was -no- legitimate message traffic going to the list -- and that the shutdown was entirely justified on that basis alone.