Woodtek Sharpener

I have worn out three crowbars trying to get my wallet open far enough to buy a new Makita 9820-2 sharpener (it's been on my wish list at Amazon since last October)

During this time I have used glass and sandpaper as well as a couple waterstones from Lee Valley and my planes and chisels are not scary sharp but they are at least pretty doggoned intimidating sharp. Problem is I have jointer and planer blades coming up for sharpening pretty soon so I guess I'll have to get off the pot.

I've bid on almost every makita sharpener that has come up on ebay in the last year but my limit is $150.00 for a used one and they always bring more than that.

Before I buy a mega-crowbar and take the plunge has anyone used the Woodtek sharpener?

It looks somewhat like the Makita and costs a lot less.

I checked with Mister Google and he has no info.

Thanxabunch

/// Smokey

Smokey

they are a lot on ebay. I got some pretty good deals on mine but they just happened.

it is a POS. you can't buy a cheep sharpening tool and get good results. it has almost no tool rest and I bet it is underpowered and the stone sucks. I do everything freehand on the makita so it works well without tool rests. in this situation you could get away with a delta with a maktia wheel.

Reply to
Steve Knight