WoodSucker 2 HP Cyclone Dust Collector

My only semi related experience is with a shop-built air filter I constructed from a left-over furnace blower. It is in a large box with 20"x25" filters on each side. The unit has two speeds and is hung from the ceiling over my TS. I am considering buying the WoodSucker 2 HP Cyclone Dust Collector rather than a Jet DC1100CK with only one canister filter, but much cheaper. The URL is:
http://www.woodsucker.com
Do any of you have the WoodSucker DC? All pro or con comments welcomed.
Hoyt W. Trinity, Alabama
Hoyt Weathers wrote:

Please disregard the above posting. I ran a search on Google Groups and found out more than enough answers concerning the WoodSucker and other DCs.
Hoyt W.

(G) the woodsucker will do you good. to get the best out of ut use 6" pipe to as close to the machines as possible. nice big curves too.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Steve Knight wrote:

Thanks Steve. I had come to the conclusion to use 6" snap-together metal pipe and fittings for the overhead runs and the drop downs along the walls of my shop. Then I will have short runs of flexible 4" tubing into or onto the dust makers. Hoyt W.

there you go. if you can go clear to the machine with 6" it's even better but then the 6" gates and such really start adding up in price. I need all the airflow I can get because of the tropicals I use. they make such fine dust. s oI had to work hard for the most airflow. soon you will find out the dc is the cheap part (G)
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Steve Knight wrote:

Thanks for the additional info Steve. Pick me apart on this:
I had planned to neck down to 4" intakes at the points of dust generation. My idea for that is that the velocity would be greater than with 6" at those points. I will be running only one dust maker at a time. The cost of 6" blast gates is not a concern for me. Perhaps I am full of prunes on this plan. Please advise. Hoyt

One of the biggest problems with dust pickup is how it is gathered at the source. So if you don't mind spending on 6" blastgates, you may want to consider having custom sheetmetal pickups for al your equipment. You hook that up to the Woodsucker, you should hav eno problems. Also, don't forget to have a dust pickup for the tablesw guard; it's a huge generator while ripping.
--------------9397EE53337EB0F4BF711861 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; x-mac-type="54455854"; x-mac-creator="4D4F5353" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
DarylRos wrote:

TKS for your comments Daryl. My biggest concern ATT is getting the dust from under my General 350 TS. I installed their dust port thingie on the right side, but I can't tell any difference when it is connected to my big ShopVac. I will have to build something inside the cabinet sort of like an inverted and truncated pyramid with a round opening in the bottom. I can make that out of 1/4" Masonite and a female fitting. Sucking dust from the top should be no problem since there are square and rectangular intake nozzles for that sort of thing.
Hoyt W.
--------------9397EE53337EB0F4BF711861 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
--------------9397EE53337EB0F4BF711861--