Woodstock Woodshow

Well, the 3 day show is over for another year.

Is it just me, or is this show really starting to lose something? It seems each year I go, I find less and less merchants. Actually, let me qualify that - I find less and less merchants I'm interested in. That rules out the broom & beer nut vendors.

This year, several of the wood vendors weren't there - notably Blake Kramer. Does anyone know what happened to Blake? He's a real nice guy and his prices were great, and he had a great selecton of cherry and walnut, etc.

If it wasn't for Lee Valley & their regular show deal (Had to get one of those new 22" smoothing planes), it wouldn't be worth the $10 to get in.

One of the vendors told me that they really jacked the costs to the merchants to go this year (and last).

This used to be the biggest woodshow in north america - I doubt it is now though.

Brian

Reply to
B Man

Can't agree more !! Also found that public attendance was severly less. Went there with three objects in mind to purchase & didn't find any bargins, one item didn't have any vendors!! Guess I will have to consider next year if the two hour drive will be worth it.

Cheers

Reply to
dick