Woodstock / Shop Fox Trash Can Cyclone

I recently purchased a Griz 1029Z dust collector and I got one of these lids with it. I'm ready to start using the thing but it seem to need some fittings or something to be able to hook up 4" hoses. Anyone dealt with this? Is there a fitting that allows a good connection with 4" flex hose or does it have to be rigged?

TIA

Reply to
Newshound

The trash can lid I use has holes that are a pretty close fit to the OD of the 4" hose. When you're used to a couple of inches of overlap of the hose and the fitting and a well tightened hose clamp. These don't seem like a very satisfying (satisfactory) arrangement. I've been using the thing as it came for four or five years. It seems as efficient as it ever did. (No loss of suction compared to pre-can). I cram about two inches of 4" through the hole, turn it on and ignore it. Give it a try. I've considered gluing something in the holes that I could clamp onto but can't justify taking the time away from woodworking as it does seem to work.

bob g.

Newshound wrote:

Reply to
Robert Galloway

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:16:48 GMT, "Newshound" calmly ranted:

I got the earlier G1029 and the hose kit. The included cyclone lid allows their 4" hose to be simply shoved into the openings with no movement. You could always run a couple sheetmetal screws through the lid to secure it better if necessary.

I love the DC even if I don't often use it.

Comprehensive Website Development

Larry Jaques

standardization among manufacturers on this stuff isn't great. 4" light sewer pipe fittings work well with some, not with others. grizzly and other places sell a variety of fittings. get some and try it...

Reply to
bridger

Had the same situation when I purchased my trash can cyclone. I cut a 3 or 4 foot long piece of black 4 inch DC flex hose and glued one end to the cyclone and connected the other end to the DC. Did the same to a 10 foot piece and connected it to the system.

I used a glue called E6000 made by Eclectic Products Inc.( picked it up at a local hobby shop called The Hobby Lobby. Once it sets up over night (24 Hrs) you can't pull it apart.

Reply to
Texan