Woodsmith Shop New TV show...

If this has been kicked around before, I apologize in advance.

For those of us in Iowa, IPTV tonight has a new woodworking show by the guys at Woodsmith magazine. 630 pm on Friday nights. Here's shows web site

Know nothing about it...but the time slot seems bad.

Reply to
DAC

The time slot is so you can wind down after a long work week, transition into getting excited about building something, and then head down to the shop first thing Saturday morning.

Remember when all the home repair and woodworking shows were only on Saturday and Sunday mornings? How many hours were wasted watching TV when we should have been actually doing what the shows were showing us how to do? ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

That's what DVR's are for.

Reply to
Leon

Damn. While the show looks like it'd be good, it's only showing in Iowa according to their website. "Other locations coming soon!"

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Thier website has a link to leave feedback. If enough people send a note about looking forward to seeing it in their area, maybe it will get some momentum going... I hope so, I think it looks good too.

Best regards, Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

For the time period I speak off, DVR's were not available. VCR's, yes but certainly not DVR's.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

DerbyDad03 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@o80g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

That's what Time-shifting Video Recording devices are for.

Better? This includes VCRs, DVDs, DVRs, and maybe even reruns!

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

What, and miss Peewee's Playhouse? (My daughters went to dance class on saturday morning and I had to tape the show for them)

Reply to
willshak

They still come on, on Saturday mornings if you have DirecTV.

Reply to
Leon

You didn't miss a thing it was bad, almost lame. I'm not sure I'm going to keep watching I guess I will give it a few weeks and see if it improves so far big thumbs down.....

William...

Reply to
William

You gotta give them a chance. The first few New Yankee Workshops were kinda lame by compairison to now.

Reply to
Leon

UPDATE: In a small weekly independent news paper (http://

I believe it was last weeks issue, it mentioned that the show would be going into larger markets early '08. I haven't had a chance to catch any yet...maybe tonight. I see that issue isn't archived yet...so maybe soon it'll be online.

Reply to
DAC