WoodSmith

While I am sucking up all your band width ;~)
Channel 8, 1:30 p.m. Saturday March 22, the Wordsmith Magazine TV show.
Oddly the Channel 8 web site claims that the show has been on since early February.
Oooups

Leon wrote:

I've got five or six of the shows saved up on my TIVO. Frankly, I find it one of the best of the woodworking shows.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

I'll have to look for it and check it out.
If they show follows Shop Notes jig theory, they could hire Rube Goldberg's ghost as a host! <G>
Should be able to go to the web site, enter your zip code and see what stations in your area are shoing it when http://www.woodsmithshop.com /
In the Detroit area it shows it as being shown on (over the next four weeks)..
WGTE 3-23-2008 at 12:30pm WTVS 3-22-2008 at 11:00am 3-29-2008 4-5-2008 WGTEDT 3-28-2008 at 6:00pm 4-4-2008 at 6:00pm

HDRDTD wrote:

Research? We don't need no steekin' research!
TiVo users simply search by keyword, then press "Get Season Pass". <G>
B A R R Y wrote:

Yeah but here the Tivo search doesn't find it.
--John
J. Clarke wrote:

I guess I don't even have to look now. <G>
hey Mortimer, Direct TV choose not to carry the 5 digital channel with unctv so I can't get it, and thats a drawback from cable I guess.

bob kater wrote:

Well, don't give up. Back when I first heard about this new show, I went to their website to find where it was showing. Back then, it was really only available in a couple of states, IIRC. I inquired about their plans and they suggested that I write to all of the local public stations to indicate my interest. Well, I did, and for the last month or so it's been available here in Charlotte.
Rome wasn't built in a day. Write your local stations and encourage your friends to do the same.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

I think it's been on longer than that. Seems to me they're up to Episode 11, now, or something like that, which would place the start closer to 1 Jan. Two of my local PBS' are now carrying it. Sadly, in one case, it's taken over The Woodwright's Shop slots. I've had a word with them. We'll see what happens.
It's okay, but the host's droning voice drives me nuts. Fortunately, the bulk of the content is hosted by others. You usually only see him in the intro and the roundtable at the end.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
dot-.com says...

I see from Wikipedia that David J Marks' Wood Works is no longer in production. That is definitely my favorite woodworking show. I even saw him pull out the brad nailer once, but that was to make a jig.
S.
In North Carolina and have direct TV haven't found the show yet?????

IIRC some one here mentioned the new series and I started checking into that but could not find the show locally, Houston. Searching a couple of days ago I noticed that th elocap PBS guide indicated the show in early January but have not been able to find it showing until March 22 on the local DirecTV guide.

Well maybe it will get better with viewer feed back. :~) I remember that Norm was not great not great on the first few shows and David Marks always looked like he was stoned. The router guys and Scott Philips still grate on my nerves.
Leon wrote:

Now that you mention it, the host does come across as a little wooden, pardon the pun. But I've enjoyed the content. The show is more of a techniques show than a project show. I still consider myself a newbie so I enjoy being shown techniques.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
motimer.... where in NC are you?? I don't get it here in the sandhills with Direct TV "Mortimer Schnerd, RN" <mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com> wrote in message

bob kater wrote:

I get it as one of the locals in Charlotte, Channel 42. It's scheduled for 1 AM on Saturdays. You may have some luck looking at South Carolina's ETV public stations as they have many repeaters. In SC, it shows at 2PM on Fridays.
With DirecTV, it's all in which locals you've got.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com