WoodshopDemos founder passed away

I haven't logged in the

site in awhile but I did tonight and found the following:

"March 1, 2010---Sadly, John Lucas, my husband and author of woodshopdemos.com, passed away on February 22, 2010. John truly enjoyed his work on the website and the many E-mails he received from the readers of the site. To honor John's memory, I will maintain the current website for the immediate future. I will continue to sell the woodshopdemos. PDF-DVD (see information below) until the original supply is exhausted. My thanks to all of you that have sent your condolences to me. John w as a wonderful man and a great teacher. He will be missed by all of us. ~Sandra Lucas~ "

He did a lot of nice tutorials and reviews. Will miss him for all of that. Wish I had met him personally.

MJ

Reply to
mjmwallace

== He was one of the good guys. His website was a model of simplicity. He just used still photos and did a much better job communicating than many folks do with videos. He will be missed.

Rest in peace John Lucas.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I remember writing him with some questions on something, years back when I was first getting my shop set up. Can't remember what it was now, just my impressions of John. He replied with some info and some questions and we kept up a little conversation for a couple weeks till I got whatever it was figured out and let him know. It was interesting, I learned stuff, and he was pretty darn nice about it. He completely refuted the notion that people over fifty couldn't program a VCR, let alone run a navigable and useful website. The guy knew what he was doin'.

Reply to
else24

Sad to hear this news. Fortunately I recently received his CD that he was offering with details the web site left out.

Reply to
Leon