Woodpeckers Story Stick Hack

I know that several here have the Woodpeckers story sticks and for those of you that also have the connecting bars that come with the multi length story stick you might find this useful.

I do a lot of multiple cuts that are longer than 42", IIRC that is the limit of my Incra miter gauge. I discovered today that I can extend my Incra miter gauge fence using my Woodpecker story stick, stop, and the connecting bar.

Leon

-MIKE-

Looks like a lot of stress on the connecting bar. Maybe I'll try it anyway. ;-)

Reply to
krw

I thought the same but I did not really have to tighten the connecting bar very much at all. And I did not leave it set up that way longer than necessary. I wonder now if I could simply remove the Incra fence and attach the story stick to the miter gauge.

Reply to
Leon

It looked like there was a gap under the story stick end. That wouldn't be vary good as a miter gauge. I'd think it would be wobbly.

Reply to
krw

I do not think it will wobble, at least the way the Incra miter gauge works attaches to the fence. Just tighten the nuts and bolts.

Reply to
Leon