Woodpeckers isn't alone.

Seems Woodpeckers isn't the only one selling a dumb idea.

Reply to
krw

Too bad it's not as nice looking as this "Calavera" Marc

marc rosen

Different species of wood.

Reply to
krw

There swimsuit models are not ugly. No. But they aren't going to win any beauty contests either.

Reply to
russellseaton1

One of them would if they were the only ones in it.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Slip one on. We'll decide which looks best.

Reply to
Larry Kraus

Not so much an idea, but the same brand and item as what Woodpecker is selling.

Now this will make you laugh. My wife made these a year or two ago for presents for her sewing friends. They are like litter baskets. ;~)

Leon

C'mon ....you ppl love this crap. I can tell by this newsgroup's love of Lee Valley Tools.

Yes, I've bought some woodworking tools from Lee Valley, but I also recently received their Christmas gift catalog. Watta buncha insanely overpriced plastic junk!

It's embarrassing, really. 8|

nb

Reply to
notbob

Here is the manufacturer of the bags that they are selling.

Leon

That's OK ... #factoryairlivesmatter.

Reply to
Swingman

Some people are addicted to woodworking. Some people are tool collectors. The intersection of these sets is not large.

I am no pro WWing genius but I've made some sawdust in my day. What I have discovered in every profession/hobby/pursuit I've ever tried is that one this seems mostly to be true everywhere:

The better someone is at something, the less stuff they need to do it.

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

That statement is probably true but the person that is good at something rarely does so with out a lot of experimentation on the best ways and tools to use.

Reply to
Leon

"Need", I'd grant. I'd note that if one will observe the shops of the truly talented, as a rule the number of specialized tools is tremendously expanded over that of the even practiced weekender. OTOH, the amateur is far more likely to have gathered many more power gadgets in lieu of a myriad of hand planes, specialized chisels and handsaws, etc., etc., etc., ...

I don't recall the particular individual now, but one of the recognized professionals had tour of shop published in FWW a number of years ago. His collection of hand planes that he actively used routinely was about

150--they were stored in a cubby-hole arrangement along one wall of the shop by size and shape of sole as he used. He had a number that were of extreme vintage plus those purchased as well as many that he had made for himself.
Reply to
dpb

Others are excellent at selling drooling fools "insanely overpriced plastic junk". Case in point:

I've bought a few things from Lee Valley. I'll most likely buy a few more things. But, I'm no chump and will not pay $10 fer something I can probably make out of a wad of chewing gum. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

I bought something similar at Office Depot once to get some internet cable off of the floor. The price seemed "marked-up" to me too, but it was a good and fast solution to a problem. The one's I bought were in the "easily-removable" category. If I need 100 of them I might consider the matter differently than if I needed only 6. My time is worth something too... "You have to choose your battles..." : )

Reply to
Bill

Need to hand those out to the young kids... tell them they are for holding/storing the clothes pins.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Hmm, too big for a beer koozie.

Reply to
krw

Colored cable holders! Spray paint some clothes pins and hot glue them to the "cabinet".

In some cases, I've used clothes pins as small wood clamps.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Wait a few weeks and you may find them at the Dollar store.

A few years ago I bought a few jar openers. Liked them so much I bought some to give to friends. Went back for more and the price jumped up too high

I'd gladly pay about $4 for it, but $9.95 is too much for a piece of bent metal.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Looks like you could make something that would do the job--maybe from soft steel, which is pretty cheap at the hardware store.

Reply to
Bill