Woodmaster Planner Molder? Motor?

I've decided to purchase a 18" Woodmaster planner molder and after taking into consideration a bunch of other items I'm left with the debate of either the 5 HP motor or upgrading to the 7 HP motor for $425, since 5 HP already seems large for a planner do those with the planner/molder recommend the upgrade?
HotRod wrote:

.. .. it's never been wanting for power.
The only reason I went up to the 7hp was I wanted to be able to run possibly 6-8 rip saw blades at once to cut 3/8" and 3/4" wide sticks from 3/4 Oak. I've never actually tooled up for that but have no doubt the 7hp would have no problem.
Honestly, 5hp is surely enough unless maybe you intend on planing the full 18" wide. Even then the 5hp would surely suffice. The Grizzly 20" planer comes with a 5hp.
HotRod wrote:

Depends on what you're planing and how big a cut--the local yard has a planer whose horsepower I've never determined but the bloody thing is about the size of an SUV. Tried to take a half inch off a piece of 8/4 lapacho in one bite and it got about 6 inches and stalled.

Clarke If I wanted to do a cut that rough I'd use a chainsaw After reading your post I was actually picturing a chainsaw/bandsaw made by some redneck :-)