Woodmaster Multi-Tool

Newbie here, Does anybody know of this piece of equipment? It looks like a 'Shopsmith' set-up. I just aquired one recently and need parts for it. It must be some 20-30 years old I think. It was my dads a long time ago. I'd like to know if it's possible to revive it, and if parts ARE available...is it worth it. The motor works, but the speed gear set-up has all the teeth worn off. Does it matter? I'm also new to woodworking.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks. Jeff
On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 05:51:06 -0400 (EDT), organ snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (The Phantom) Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

snip
took a little diggin in some stuff i had from years ago...but i found contact info for your machines manufacturer. . .
the 800 number is still good, so i wish you luck with it.
WOODMASTER TOOLS 1431 N.Topping PE 50 Kansas City, MO 64120 tel: 800-821-6651
Traves
The Phantom

- Nehmo - http://www.woodmastertools.com / 800-821-6651 It's a planer with changeable custom knives. You can make moldings. The modern Woodmasters have two motors, one for feed and another for the cutting head.
--
*******************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *
organ snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (The Phantom) wrote in message

Did you not see my last response to your question?
Woodmaster does not exist any longer and nobody supports their Shopsmith knockoff. However (as I previously stated) many Shopsmith parts will probably fit as the Woodmaster was simply a direct copy made cheaply in China. Go to www.shopsmith.com and check out their on-line exploded parts listings.
Dave Hall
- Jeff - > > Does anybody know of this piece of equipment?
- David Hall -

- Nehmo - Maybe he didn't see it. I didn't until I saw it on Google. Your post and my earlier post didn't show up on news-server.kc.rr.com . I can't explain why Google get some post that other news-servers miss. - David Hall -

- Nehmo - I suppose it's possible that there is more than one "Woodmaster"; the name is just two common words put together, and you might be referring to a different one. But the Woodmaster over here in Kansas City is still alive. As I said before, they make a two-motor planer-drumsander-bladeturning machine that's good to make moldings. http://www.woodmastertools.com / 800-821-6651 (The cheapest version, Model 712, 12",is about $1,000. At the other end, Model 5075, 50", $3,400, and you'll need some accessories too.)
The Shopsmith Is something different http://www.shopsmith.com/markvsite/indexMARKV.htm "a 34" Lathe, a 10" Table Saw, a 12" Disc Sander, a Horizontal Boring & Doweling Machine, a 16-1/2" Drill Press".
OP seems to describe an old one-motor machine, so I'm not sure what he has. Maybe it's an old version of the modern Woodmaster.
--
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

There was once a Woodmaster tool that was a direct knockoff of the Shopsmith Mark V 500. Whether it was imported by the same company that now sells the Woodmaster planer/molder I admit I do not know. However, the Woodmaster cum Shopsmith was a poor imitation imported from the far east and has been gone from the market for quite a few years, as are all other direct Shopsmith knockoffs AFAIK. A compnay called Smithy still makes a machine designed around the same concepts as the Shopsmith, but clearly different. These other clones, Woodmaster included, looked from a short distance to be a different colored Shopsmith Mark V 500. Thus many Shopsmith parts and accessories easily fit the clones. It would be the first place that I would look for parts, accessories and even documentation if I owned one of the clones.
Dave Hall