Woodmaster Multi-Tool

Newbie question.
Looking for parts and availability... (if possible)... for a 'Shopsmith' look-a-like, or 'copy of a Shopsmith type of equipment or woodworker tool'... called a "Woodmaster Multi-Tool". It was my late dads piece of shop equip. from many, many years ago, and I noticed when I recently acquired it, when cleaning it all up this past weekend, the motor speed gear adjustment set-up was all chewed up unfortunately. The motor still works fine though. Just wondering if it's worth trying to fix it all up... (if parts and manual are still available that is)...and maybe keeping it. It also came with several kinds of accessories that can be used with it.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks, Jeff
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in message

Check out www.shopsmith.com
They have an exploded parts list and you can at least see if the parts look the same. Most of these knock-offs were very closely modeled after the Shopsmith as all patents (on the original Mark V) had expired. If the oarts appear to be interchangable, go ahead and order them. Shopsmith has a 30 day no questions asked return policy so if they don't actually fit you can return them. Worst case keep an I on Ebay. Shopsmiths are always being parted out as they usually bring more $ that way. You can probably get a used headstock fairly inexpensively that will fit on your way tubes to replace yours.
BTW the speed control "porkchop" is one of Shopsmith's "17 most replaced items" and gets chewed up when people try to change the speed without the motor running or at least while hand turning the spindel. I would bet money (not a lot mind you) that piece and/or the whole speed change assembly will be a direct replacement for your Woodmaster.
Dave Hall