Woodie with finger-joints?

I have a LOT of pictures of assorted woodies. Of course that all went bad when car manufacturers started using decals instead of real wood. I also understand why they changed...the stuff rots. But thank goodness there are many excellent restorations around. I collect pictures of those restorations. Here is one of my favourites
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/1949PlymouthWoodness.jpg

Gorgeous. Is that an old Chrysler? Whoops. See the photo title.
Where is it located?
Check my web site, www.charlieselfonline.com, to see why I might be interested.

It's almost TOO perfect. I was wondering, what wood was usually used for woodies? Maple? Ash? Elm?
FoggyTown
Re: Woodie with finger-joints? Sat, Apr 14, 2007, 6:57am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (FoggyTown) <snip> I was wondering, what wood was usually used for woodies? Maple?Ash? Elm? Yes. And other woods.
If you want to improvise: http://www.stevproj.com/PAPRolStk.html
JOAT I have anal glaucoma. I can't see my ass going to work today.