woodfiller for cracks in lathe turned wood bowls

I'm looking for a woodfiller for cracks in lathe turned bowls that, when used, looks green like weathered copper. I saw bowls "patched" with it at an art fair and the woodworker could not remember the name of the product but said he thought it was from Woodcraft's catalog. I can't seem to find this product or I don't know what I'm looking for, being quite green myself at lathe work. I'd appreciate any help in locating this product. Thank you.

Reply to
Sam

A turner I know gets powdered rock from a rock store and mixes it with epoxy. All sorts of colors available.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Inlace is a filler that comes in different colors, but it would have to be a large crack since it contains solid pieces.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

A friend of mine uses crushed jade and epoxy.

Reply to
Harry Culpepper

Good quality thin epoxy, like West System, some filler to colour it (maybe even powdered patinated copper!) and some microballoon filler. This filler makes the epoxy workable by scrpaer or sanding and it's a huge improvement when working it.

Reply to
dingbat

Reply to
Darrell Feltmate