Wooden shoulder vise

I have a wooden screw to use in a shoulder vise for the workbench I am building and would like some ideas on how to mount the face board to the screw. I was going thinking of using some sort of screw counter sunk in the face board attached to the end of the screw but I don't know if this would allow the face board to pivot properly. Any suggestions would be helpful and any pictures would be most beneficial to me if you have a similar vise.
Thank you in advance, Bruce snipped-for-privacy@bruceharang.com

Say an extra thick [face board], 2" jaw with a T-slot routed up half way from the bottom? And then, the "T" on the end of the threaded rod created by turning in a slot there. The "T" end being ovaled for freedom of movement, by hand with sanding block or second cut rasp or turned. The T-slot closed off with a matching chunk of wood glued in. Maybe the end "T" section a new piece, cross dovetailed on there? If so, that piece would have to be substantially hard, like boxwood or Ipe (Pao Lope, Greenheart). As far as the design and all measurements, yours.
Whaddya think?
--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com