Wooden Economy

I spent last Wednesday through Friday in New Orleans at the Forest products Machinery and Equipment Exposition. The show was smaller than I have ever seen it, very little equipment, most were just booths with videos playing.

All the sawmills and remanufacturers are in bad financial condition and it shows on the equipment vendors.

About half of the mills in the south are shutdown or in the case of the bigger firms, operating on a rotating basis. Scary times.

On the bright side I consumed a lot of good food and drink, not too many places can compete with New Orleans in that regard.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Did Manolo's survive the flood?

Pete Stanaitis

basilisk wrote:

Reply to
spaco

they're probably not the most comfortable things to walk around in at a trade show...

you mean Pascal's Manale???

Reply to
mjd