Wooden Dowel Connectors

I'm looking for "connectors" made of plastic or metal that can connect wooden dowels together at 90 degree angles, and in other ways as well. Does such a product line exist? I'm having no success scouring the web for such a thing, but maybe I simply do not know the name of them. I also tried kite supply shops without any success, thinking that such a hobby would have wooden dowel connectors.

Thanks

Reply to
Annie Hedden

cselby

If you can get dowels in a diameter close to the internal diameter of plumbing fixtures (PVC or copper or even flexible plastic), there are lots of connectors available in both metal and plastic for various angles - including 90. Look in the plumbing department of any hardware store.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Fingers got ahead of my brain. If you can get dowels in the same extarnal diameter as PVC, or other plumbing pipe ...

Also might search under laboratory supplies for tubing, etc.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Tinker Toys...

beaiii

Wooden Dowel Connectors Group: rec.woodworking Date: Tue, Nov 22, 2005, 10:01pm snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca (Annie=A0Hedden) doth wonder: I'm looking for "connectors" made of plastic or metal that can connect wooden dowels together at 90 degree angles, and in other ways as well. Does such a product line exist? I'm having no success scouring the web for such a thing, but maybe I simply do not know the name of them.

TINKER TOYS.

JOAT Just pretend I'm not here. That's what I'm doing.

Reply to
J T

Well, if you have a drill, some metal or plastic and a drill bit and you are in business.

Reply to
Paul Kierstead

If a 90 degree dowel will do, rather than connecting two dowels with a right angle connector, check out Outwater Plastics, product numbers R25-173 and 174 for mitre dowels in 1/4" dia and 3/8" dia., nylon, respectively. Oldwood

Reply to
oldwood