wooden casket

Page 2 of 2
On Sat, 08 May 2004 13:22:50 -0400, Jaime wrote:

Yabbut, that's not what Pappy wanted. So one last boat ride and over the side his ashes went - the manner and destination of his choosing.
-Doug
--
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul." - George Bernard Shaw

"Michael Lane" < snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3132.bay.webtv.net...
Used to be a company, somewhere in the Rocky Mountains. For a fee, they'd load your ashes in a muzzloading cannon. and shoot them out over the mountainside. I always thought that would be rather neat. Apparently they're out of business, because none of my searches lately have found them. Ah well.
JOAT If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them. - Phil Pastoret
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Michael Lane) wrote in

Is there a wood that means something to you, or to your friend? Use that, if you can.
I built the container for my mother's ashes from California Black Oak, with veneered top & bottom interior of curly Black Walnut, and sides lined with vertical grained Douglas Fir, all native woods from the areas our family has lived for generations.
/personal opinion #1 The trappings of the end-of-this-life ceremonies are personal, and of importance in the planning, and the assurances that friends and family care, and respect the wishes of the departing.
/personal opinion #2 Most of us have an eccentric friend or three. Some of us are that eccentric friend. It is a blessing either way.
/personal opinion #3 Talk to the funeral director ahead of time, and see what they recommend. Most will help you understand what is required. Whatever you do, they and their staff will have to work with your 'product'.
And the longer you have to plan, prepare and work, the less stress this will cause. And knowing that this is taken care of may make things easier for your friend.
God bless your efforts on behalf of your friend.
Patriarch
Amen Brother,     My Cousin was a cowboy/rancher here in Texas and his casket was made of     Native Cedar, rope handles and lariat with cactus flowers, tied up with bob     wire, as center piece. His favorite Horse tied at the entrance to the     cemetery as the cortege passed ... not something I'll forget for the rest     of my life. His Pall Bearers and best friends in Jeans, White long sleeve     shirts, and their best felt hats (appropriately gray of course). There are     several places here in Texas that do that sort of thing, but most any mill     can turn out a respectable casket. His wife did for him what he wouldn't     have done for himself.
Lee