Wooden bowl with saran 'bonded' to it - help!!

Don't ask me how it happened, but I lined a walnut bowl with saran to protect it from something, and the saran 'melted' onto the bowl. What can I use to remove it? I am no good at sanding etc, so that would have to go to a pro if that's the only solution. Thanks.
On Tue, 5 Jun 2012 12:47:04 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia

Mount in on the lathe and take a shallow cut. The plastic is likely melted into the pores of the wood, so it will have to be removed.
-- Silence is more musical than any song. -- Christina Rossetti
Kalmia wrote:

Of course, that is assuming you can rechuck it. If you do not feel right/comfortable rechucking and just peeling the topmost layer of wood off the bowl, try power sanding and refinishing.
Deb

Why not just find out what the solvent is for the "saran" in question and wash it off? The OP DID say they are no good at sanding.

Good luck with that -- the OP probably means Saran Wrap, or its generic equivalent, which is made from polyethylene. Mechanical removal is probably the only option. I think I'd use a card scraper with a convex edge.

Not many details here- Is it possible that heat or moisture caused the wrap to meld into the finish? If so, you'd have to use the appropriate solvent to dissolve some finish and get the wrap out, then apply a new coat of finish. Difficulty depends on what finish was used. -J
On Tuesday, June 5, 2012 12:47:04 PM UTC-7, Kalmia wrote:

Polyethylene doesn't really dissolve in anything at room temperature, but you could paint the bowl with mineral oil (edible kind, like for a laxative) and hold it under a heat lamp, that will take polyethylene off. Shouldn't hurt the wood. I hope.