Woodcraft vs Rockler

Sand is obviously for slower cooling, for removing some of the brittleness of your hardened edge. We made a center punch and a screw driver (among other things) in my 8th grade class.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news:mNudnSl4CLA1gInFnZ2dnUU7- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

You know those cheap drill bits? They actually cut pretty well ONCE SHARPENED. One of the differences between the good DeWalt bits and the "Free after rebate" bits was that the Dewalt bits were sharpened properly.

I was surprised and happy to see how well they cut out of the box. A properly sharp drill bit will cut quite fast through wood.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Lie Neilsen tells you that their chisels are flattened and sharpened to #400 grit and recommends further sharpening and polishing.

Reply to
krw

Come to think of it so did we. I remember turning the knurl on the center punch on the metal lathe. Thought it was so cool, and then just to operate the lathe, what a trip.

Thanks for the memories.

Reply to
OFWW

Likewise! :-)