Woodcraft Tenoning Jig

Has anyone used this? I see it's on sale for $59.99 but it seems like that may be a little cheap. I've seen several complaints about quality of the Delta tenoning jig so I was wondering if anyone had this one and has any feedback on it.
Thanks in advance. Kevin
--
Kevin J. Morgan < snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net>
The Long Island Woodworker's Club @ http://www.liwoodworkers.org /

I've read a few complaints about the base having rough edges that needed filing down so as to not scartch the surface of your tablesaw, however, I have a delta tenoning jig and didn't have that problem. Luck of the draw maybe? I have a review of the Delta Tenoning Jig here if anyone is interested: http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/deltatenoningjig.htm
-- Regards,
Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com ------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 5 Reviews: - GMC R1200 1/2" Router - LRH Magic Molder - Triton Router Review Update! - Veritas Shelf Drilling Jig - Ryobi CID1802V 18v Cordless Drill - Workshop Essentials Under $30 ------------------------------------------------------------
Well, luck of two draws. Mine didn't have any problems out of the box.
--
"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning.

Same here. No complaints. Just wish I had it earlier as it does a good job, much better than I could do otherwise.
I've looked at the Woodcraft and it seems OK, but I've never put a piece of wood in it, just peeked at the store. Ed
"Jerry Gilreath" wrote in message

... and I'll stand pat and play the cards Delta gave me. Mine does exactly what it's designed to do and does it well, no fuss, no muss.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/28/04
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Quadindad2) wrote:

The bar on mine was screwed up a little and couldn't ride in the slot in the TS. It was less trouble to take a file to it then it was to return it. Now it rides perfectly with zero play.
Paul K
I think it's common for the Woodcraft jig to be rough on the bottom, mine was. However, given 15 minutes to sand over the edges is all it took to fix it right up. A coat of wax and it now slides nicely. The other problem I had was the washer at the bottom of the track wasn't deep enough to fit in the T-slot of my saw. I had to add a shim under the washer to get it to fit perfectly. I think I paid $70 for it and was quite happy with it for that price. At $60 I think it's a good deal, but plan on 15-30 minutes of tweaking it.
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"Kevin Morgan" < snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net> wrote in message
P.S. since no one else is giving you any feedback regarding the Woodcraft jig, you might want to DAGS because this same question came up about a month ago. IIRC there were more responses specific to the Woodcraft jig.
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"Larry C in Auburn, WA" < snipped-for-privacy@noWhere.com> wrote in message
Kevin Morgan wrote:

Here's my response from a previous thread on the subject.
I have the jig and the same saw but with stamped wings. I've never used any other brand so I can't compare. I've made one practice tenon and 4 "real" ones. The results were perfect and it was a breeze to set up for the cuts. There are some issues though. The base will scratch the s*^t out of your saw top if you don't ease the sharp edges on the base DAMHIK. I went around the entire bottom of the base with some emory cloth and rounded off all of the edges. That seemed to take care of it. I also had a problem with the bar for the mitre slot being way too tight. All I did was remove the discs that hold it in the slot. It seems to work fine that way. There's plenty of weight to keep it flat on the table. With a little work, it does a great job and it's about $50.00 cheaper than the Jet or Delta so it's not a bad deal if you don't mind it's imperfections.
Donnie Vazquez Sunderland, MD remove NoSpam from address to reply