Woodcraft Tennon Jig???

Anyone have or use the Woodcraft Tennon Jig? How's it rate as compared to Delta or Jet? I'm have the Jet contractor saw with cast wings. Thanks

Reply to
Mike S.

I have the jig and the same saw but with stamped wings. I've never used any other brand so I can't compare. I've made one practice tenon and 4 "real" ones. The results were perfect and it was a breeze to set up for the cuts. There are some issues though. The base will scratch the s*^t out of your saw top if you don't ease the sharp edges on the base DAMHIK. I went around the entire bottom of the base with some emory cloth and rounded off all of the edges. That seemed to take care of it. I also had a problem with the bar for the mitre slot being way too tight. All I did was remove the discs that hold it in the slot. It seems to work fine that way. There's plenty of weight to keep it flat on the table. With a little work, it does a great job and it's about $50.00 cheaper than the Jet or Delta so it's not a bad deal if you don't mind it's imperfections.

Reply to
Donnie Vazquez

Thanks for the info Donnie, I'll be heading up to St. Louis in a few weeks and will probably pick one up.

Reply to
Mike S.

Ditto! Same scratches, same solution. Same problem with tight bar, slightly different solution. The problem is there isn't enough distance from the bottom of the jig to the washers for the T-slot, in other words the washers need to go further down into the tablesaw slot. I added a couple of shims under the jig bar and that did the trick. Works great now. I looked at the Woodcraft jig and the Delta and they seemed to be the same except the Delta has nicer knobs. For $50 I'll take the cheaper knobs.

Reply to
Larry C in Auburn, WA