Woodcraft sale on Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps 10-17 only

FYI Got this in an email from Woodcraft and thought I would pass it on.

24" $14.99 36" $16.99 48" $17.99

12 top quality clamps for less than $200! Starts at 12am on Friday, the 17th and is subject to stock on hand.

I have 4 of the 36" Cabinet master clamps and think they are really great. Hope to soon have 12 more.

Scott

Reply to
vmtw

The race is on, 12 midnight, huh? I will have to set my alarm for this one. Is that central time I wonder?

Mike Coonrod

vmtw wrote:

Reply to
Mike Coonrod

Is that all woodcraft stores???

Is that 12noon on friday ?

Reply to
Rob V

Umm 12:00 p.m. would be noon. 12:00 a.m. would be at night.

11:59 p.m. is the last full minute in a day and 11:59 a.m. is the last minute of the morning.
Reply to
Leon

If you are interested you better jump on it. I was lucky with the same pricing from an online dealer and probably ordered the last 6 clamps in different sizes. I immediately check back after ordering and they were sold out of all sizes. Keep in mind shipping will probably add significantly to the price if you can order on line but will still be an outstanding sale.

Reply to
Leon

No. Noon is noon. It is neither before noon (am) or after noon (pm). Our parent's generation, before the curse of digital clocks, was able to understand that simple concept. And in a sense, midnight is both am (before the next noon) and pm (after the last noon).

But in the world of digital clocks, where the am/pm marker changes with the hour change, such logic is lost. (The clock is right, too, except for the instant at which the hour changes.)

Except that 11:59 is an instant in time, not a minute. More accurately stated, 11:59 pm - midnight is the last full minute of the day and midnight-12:01 am is the first full minute of the day. And similar for the minutes surrounding noon.

Kinda reminds me of asking if the border between US and Canada is in the US or in Canada.

Reply to
alexy

Seems to me they have a four clamp limit mentioned in that e-mail...

John

Reply to
zzzzz

Four per size so you can get 12.

bob

Reply to
RPRESHONG

So is this an online sale that starts just after midnight (early Friday morning)? Or is this a sale for local Woodcraft stores that starts at noon? I'm confused from all the replies to this message. Also, is that midnight Eastern time or which time zone?

DW

Reply to
Denver Woody

I assume that web orders are EST as the headquarters is in Parkersburg WV. That would be 9pm on Thursday for the left coasters.

Check your local store to see if they are participating. This was also from the email. Prices and promotions mentioned in this email are valid while supplies last at all participating Woodcraft locations unless otherwise noted.

Do they charge tax on web orders if there is a store in your state?

Reply to
vmtw

woodrecspam asks:

Unless I'm mistaken, there is no choice: if the company has a business presence in a state, it has to charge sales tax on mail orders from within that state.

Charlie Self

Quote: Mark Twain

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Mark Twain

Reply to
Charlie Self

Yes. See their website for details.

That's what I initially thought, but I was wrong. They may have it at the local stores, but the sale begins when Friday does, online.

I assume eastern. But it REALLY begins when they update the prices on the web, per their write-up. E.g., if you go online at 12:01am and buy, but they haven't updated the prices on the listing on the web, you are out of luck for the sale.

Reply to
alexy

When I was at my local woodcraft last saturday, the lady who checked me out (err, rung up my sales) stage-whispered to me "Didja get one of our flyers?" I indicated the negative. She told me about the sale and said that I'd better be here at 9:00am when they opened, as the last time this happened they had hungary woodworkers lined up before the doors were unlocked!

(so yes, it's happening at the local stores. Apparently at mine they're fair game as soon as the doors open.)

-adb

Reply to
adb

This is from an email from a Woodcraft Customer Servive Rep

The sale via the internet will start right after midnight, EST. The phone orders will be taken starting at 8 AM, EST. The stores will be selling the clamps starting at 9 AM in the morning.

Our shipping is based on the dollar amount of your order, as follows- $0 to $20 $6.50 $20.01 to $40 $7.75 $40.01 to $60 $8.75 $60.01 to $80 $9.75 $80.01 to $100 $10.75 $100.01 to $200 $11.75 over $200 $12.75

Reply to
vmtw

Shipping based on dollar value is kinda silly. I could buy something that could fit in a priority mail envelope for over $200 and be way overcharged, or I could have a Unisaw shipped and be way undercharged,

Actually, there is probably an oversize charge for a Unisaw, but you get my point.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

May be silly but it is the norm and it all averages out after a while.

Reply to
Leon

I agree. It also makes for a much simpler way to figure shipping, no zones, carriers, or weights to factor for. Sure, some get screwed but when I shop for a common item among various resellers, I take the shipping policy into account and make the best choice.

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Rowen

Reply to
John Siegel

"they" don't. you do. it's just built into the price.

Reply to
Charlie Spitzer

If you try again right now, I imagine Red Sox tickets are easier to get. They're for 2004, though.

I was rooting for a Cubs/BoSox Series. Mrs. Craig is a Cubs fan, in the true sense of the word ("fanatic"). We argue over NL Central, since I'm a Cards fan since childhood.

But mostly, we just love baseball.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Craig