Woodcraft polishing stones

I saw this Chinese natural quarried polishing water stone
http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?DeptID@26&FamilyIDI20
...for final honing of chisels and plane blades. They say they are 12,000 (twelve thousand!) grit for a price that is far lower than any other stone in this grit range, I think this is a great deal but has anyone tried one? Does anyone think the grit rating is a tad unrealistic, or straight up?
--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Isn't the danger with natural stones that they sometimes have irregular particles? Not that an 8000x nick in a 12000x polish would be the end of the world. To be worth it in theory it would have be finer than .5 micron honing compound, which as far as I know is currently the final word in honing. Still, you're splitting hairs at this point ;-).