Woodcraft clamp sale tonight

Page 1 of 2
Well, I just successfully placed an order online with Woodcraft for 4 each of the Jorgensen cabinetmaster clamps. It took 15 minutes to get through the order process - SLOW, as would be expected at the site right at 12:00am. My order status is "waiting for order approval". We'll see...... I'm wondering if they had an inventory control in their system to stop the orders at the sale price when they run out.....
The shipping was only $11.99 for 12 clamps, and no sales tax (this is actually wrong, as there is a brick and mortar store 2 miles from my house). That makes ordering online cheaper than running down to my local store at 9:00am and paying sales tax but no shipping! I also was told by the local store manager that he only has 30 each of the clamps to sell, with a limit of 4. He didn't order 60 each, the max allowed, because he was afraid he'd be stuck with them!
Bob
SLOW process was an understatement =)
I had a few family members try to place orders as well just incase I couldnt get thru - I figure worst thing that could happen - I end up w/ 36 clamps =) Not a bad thing to happen I guess!

Got mine. It took me almost 25 minutes to complete the process. Got me 4 of each size. After the first item #, I figured out to do the "Quick Order" field since I had all the part # handy. Probably saved me 15 minutes.

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 04:26:28 GMT, "Rob V"

Yeah, you end up with 36 clamps while others get shut out. How thoughtful...............
TomL
there's nothing wrong with that.
I'm going to my local store and getting 12 more today myself.

Whatever makes you happy.................
TomL
On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:23:22 GMT, "Mike in Mystic"

Well, I'll tell you, Tom, I AM happy.
I got the 12 clamp maximum last night online and got 12 more in person at the RI Woodcraft this morning. I was the first in line, in fact, with my 2 month old son.
So, all I have more to say is NEENER NEENER NEENER.

We're all very proud of you. Keep up the good work! Now you've got a story to tell your kid once he's old enough to understand.
TomL
On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:00:33 GMT, "Mike in Mystic"

<vbg> look at it this way, Tom. Half of the clamps were bought in the nameof my son, so I didn't really get away with anything.
I've missed 90% of these deals in my life, so when I see one that I might get to really take advantage of, I'm going to do it.
Anyway, I see that you got your 12 clamps, too. Are you honestly telling me that if you could've easily bought 24 you wouldn't have done so?

It's not any different than buying 2 of the porter cable routers from Home depot for 100.00 each. If you need them and have the opportunity to buy them you do it. If I had the extra money I would have tried to get 12 of each but a jointer is in the immediate future. You did ok Mike.
wrote: : > >> >> : > >> >> >SLOW process was an understatement =) : > >> >> > : > >> >> >I had a few family members try to place orders as well just incase : I : > >> >couldnt : > >> >> >get thru - I figure worst thing that could happen - I end up w/ 36 : > >clamps : > >> >=) : > >> >> >Not a bad thing to happen I guess! : > >> >> > : > >> >> : > >> >> Yeah, you end up with 36 clamps while others get shut out. : > >> >> How thoughtful............... : > >> >> : > >> >> TomL : > >> >> : > >> > : > >> : > > : > : :
mike, how ever you want to justify is cool. since youre calling me on my purchase, i'll clarify. only purchased 8 as i said in a separate post with different subject header. 4 each of the 24" and 48". dags "happy clamper"
the guys who got shut out are probably taking your neeners with good nature.
TomL
On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:28:56 GMT, "Mike in Mystic"

Yeah - I understand the "c'mon buddy leave some for the rest of us" but on the other hand, if there was only one clamp left, I'd grab it.
So, I'm more OK than not with Mike's 12 via on-line and 12 via store-visit. If he started putting on disguises or sending in distant cousins to buy, then I'd question it.
I bought 4 48"'s on-line and nothing else, but only because spending $80 was plenty.

My order took a bit longer, but the status is the same: "awaiting approval". Feels kind of like buying a lottery ticket.
Cheers, Eric
My order went through, but then I just got a confirmation email that claimed the order was canceled!!

ME TOO !! !! !!
I stayed up till almost 1:00 AM going thru this B.S. "ORDER PROCESSING & PURCHASE CONFIRMATION" .. .. .. went to bed proud of my good fortune .. .. .. got my automated e-mail confirmation : STATUS : "CANCELED" .. .. .. what a bunch of crap .. .. .. don't think I'll be going to any Woodcraft stores anytime soon, IF EVER again !! !! !!
kenR wrote:

-- I AM NOT PARANOID .. .. .. but EVERYONE thinks I am !! !! !!
<<<__ Bob __>>>

I had the same problem as well. I started the process at 12:00 AM on the dot. Went throught the process and got a screen confirming that my order had been placed. I too went to bed pleased that I was able to get my order in. I see my email this morning that it was cancelled.
I called the contact number listed in the email and was told that they must have run out. If so, why would they let you put them in your cart if somebody else can buy them out of your cart as you are checking out? What kind of crap is that? I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told none were at their desk. I left a number for a return call but I doubt they will follow up.
Essentially, I had no chance of purchasing those clamps. I started the purchase process at exactly midnight, and still couldn't get a successful order through. Why even bother advertising if you don't have enough to handle even the absolute first customers?
I'm pretty pissed.

at 00:15:37, in the same state as yours. Hope it goes thru completely. Good luck to you...
getting the "sold out" dialog now!
Are they at the stores in the morning?

Kind of funny - I just got the reminder email from the about the clamp sale - hit my in box at 12:43 - you have to love technology!

My local WoodCraft put the clamps on sale *last* weekend and sold out of them. I showed up at the store this morning.
On the bright side (and *maybe* a reason for the sale) the guys in the store told me the clamps were no where near as good as Bessey's. They said that when you clamp them all the way down, they lock and you can't open them. They've taken back lots of the clamps from people who bought them, clamped them closed and couldn't re-open them.
The guy that worked at the store said he didn't even bother buying any at the sale price.
Maybe he was just trying to make me feel better, but I'll just hit the BORG for the hand tool sale and load up there.