Woodcraft clamp sale tonight

Well, I just successfully placed an order online with Woodcraft for 4 each of the Jorgensen cabinetmaster clamps. It took 15 minutes to get through the order process - SLOW, as would be expected at the site right at 12:00am. My order status is "waiting for order approval". We'll see...... I'm wondering if they had an inventory control in their system to stop the orders at the sale price when they run out.....

The shipping was only $11.99 for 12 clamps, and no sales tax (this is actually wrong, as there is a brick and mortar store 2 miles from my house). That makes ordering online cheaper than running down to my local store at

9:00am and paying sales tax but no shipping! I also was told by the local store manager that he only has 30 each of the clamps to sell, with a limit of 4. He didn't order 60 each, the max allowed, because he was afraid he'd be stuck with them!

Bob

Reply to
bob

SLOW process was an understatement =)

I had a few family members try to place orders as well just incase I couldnt get thru - I figure worst thing that could happen - I end up w/ 36 clamps =) Not a bad thing to happen I guess!

Reply to
Rob V

Got mine. It took me almost 25 minutes to complete the process. Got me 4 of each size. After the first item #, I figured out to do the "Quick Order" field since I had all the part # handy. Probably saved me 15 minutes.

Reply to
Adam Baum

My order took a bit longer, but the status is the same: "awaiting approval". Feels kind of like buying a lottery ticket.

Cheers, Eric

Reply to
Eric Lund

Their server must be feeling pretty beat up by now. My order was processed at 00:15:37, in the same state as yours. Hope it goes thru completely. Good luck to you...

Reply to
Bob Gramza

getting the "sold out" dialog now!

Reply to
MSgeek

Kind of funny - I just got the reminder email from the about the clamp sale - hit my in box at 12:43 - you have to love technology!

Reply to
Rob V

Reply to
kenR

Yeah, you end up with 36 clamps while others get shut out. How thoughtful...............

TomL

Reply to
TomL

ME TOO !! !! !!

I stayed up till almost 1:00 AM go> My order went through, but then I just got a confirmation email that

-- I AM NOT PARANOID .. .. .. but EVERYONE thinks I am !! !! !!

Reply to
Anonymous

there's nothing wrong with that.

I'm going to my local store and getting 12 more today myself.

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

I spent 55 minutes in some sort of computer limbo before I was told that they were all sold out at around 1am. Could not get back to sleep! Scott

Reply to
vmtw

Whatever makes you happy.................

TomL

Reply to
TomL

: > The shipping was only $11.99 for 12 clamps, and no sales tax (this is : > actually wrong, as there is a brick and mortar store 2 miles from my house). : > That makes ordering online cheaper than running down to my local store at : > 9:00am and paying sales tax but no shipping! I also was told by the local : > store manager that he only has 30 each of the clamps to sell, with a limit : > of 4. He didn't order 60 each, the max allowed, because he was afraid he'd : > be stuck with them! : >

: > Bob : I spent 55 minutes in some sort of computer limbo before I was told : that they were all sold out at around 1am. Could not get back to : sleep! : Scott

I got my order confirmation this morning that said they will ship.

Reply to
Bob Gramza

I had the same problem as well. I started the process at 12:00 AM on the dot. Went throught the process and got a screen confirming that my order had been placed. I too went to bed pleased that I was able to get my order in. I see my email this morning that it was cancelled.

I called the contact number listed in the email and was told that they must have run out. If so, why would they let you put them in your cart if somebody else can buy them out of your cart as you are checking out? What kind of crap is that? I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told none were at their desk. I left a number for a return call but I doubt they will follow up.

Essentially, I had no chance of purchasing those clamps. I started the purchase process at exactly midnight, and still couldn't get a successful order through. Why even bother advertising if you don't have enough to handle even the absolute first customers?

I'm pretty pissed.

Reply to
Hobbes

"bob"

He didn't order 60 each, the max allowed, because he was afraid he'd be stuck with them!

LOL,,, stuck with them....that was a rather short sighted thought by the store manager.

Reply to
Leon

They may be franchises, in which case, this might be right -- the company from which you ordered does not have a physical presence in your state.

My speculation; worth what you paid for it!

Reply to
alexy

Well, I'll tell you, Tom, I AM happy.

I got the 12 clamp maximum last night online and got 12 more in person at the RI Woodcraft this morning. I was the first in line, in fact, with my 2 month old son.

So, all I have more to say is NEENER NEENER NEENER.

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

My local WoodCraft put the clamps on sale *last* weekend and sold out of them. I showed up at the store this morning.

On the bright side (and *maybe* a reason for the sale) the guys in the store told me the clamps were no where near as good as Bessey's. They said that when you clamp them all the way down, they lock and you can't open them. They've taken back lots of the clamps from people who bought them, clamped them closed and couldn't re-open them.

The guy that worked at the store said he didn't even bother buying any at the sale price.

Maybe he was just trying to make me feel better, but I'll just hit the BORG for the hand tool sale and load up there.

Reply to
Mark Ohlund

The guy that worked at the store was not allowed to buy any. Maybe he wouldn't have even if he could, but I wonder.

I have a bunch of Bessey K-bodies already, and they are great. Even so, it's hard to say that a 48" Jorgensen cabinet master isn't worth $17.99 and at that price is a MUCH better value than a full-priced K-body.

I am a little concerned about the locking problem, but when I tried to lock them closed at the store I was always able to open them again, albeit with quite a bit of force in some cases. There are some key differences between these and the Bessey clamps, however, that favor the Jorgensens. Namely, the Jorgensens allow the clamp head to be reversed, so you can use them as spreaders if desired. Also, the sliding part of the clamp is just slightly raised up from the end supports, so if you lay the clamp on the bench, you are still able to slide the jaw without having to lift the clamp. This is a BIG benefit compared to the K-bodies.

We'll see how it works out, but I doubt I'll be taking these back.

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic