Woodcraft

Well, I don't know if I will ever receive the table saw extensions. Atleast not from WoodCraft.

Their website never showed the order in the history. (Even now) After a couple days I contacted them and asked when it would ship. I was told it would ship on Monday. (Last Monday).

I was concerned since there was a hold on my credit card that was larger than the purchase should have been, so I contacted them to confirm I was going to get the free shipping indicated on their website. On Tuesday I received a message saying I was being charged a rather significant amount for shipping, and wanting to know if I wanted to cancel the order. I replied that if they had actually already shipped the day before like I had been told I would accept them and chalk it up as a lesson learned, but if it had not shipped I wanted to cancel the order, but to please advise me either way. I never heard back. I know it's a holiday, so I'll wait until Monday and see. My credit card still shows the hold, but not a charge. I probably won't buy from WoodCraft on-line again.

Now for the big insult. I have received atleast one SPAM per day from them ever since the initial order. Some days I received two.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I continue to receive daily SPAM from Woodcraft. I was too busy taking care of customers yesterday and today to mess with it, but when I walked around the front of the shop this evening there was a package from them. It contained one (1) (not the four (4) I ordered) cast iron wing, and tracking shows it did not ship when they originally told me it would. This is just a big cluster. I doubt I'll ever order from them again. Since they don't have a local store I can speak to the quality of counter staff. My CC still doesn't show a charge. Just the hold. I have not heard back from Woodcraft about the situation since last Tuesday.

I have since found two other sources for the same price with free shipping on this item. Both confirmed free shipping. Woodcraft might be wonderful in person, but my on-line experience was horrible and its still not over.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Well, they have now charged my credit card. For the full amount for four (4) leaves, and $125 for shipping. I've only received one (1) leaf and it was shipped AFTER I notified them to cancel the order. To the guy who said I'ld have to try them to know for sure.... what did I ever do to you? You could have just told me they were an unethical organization and their on-line sucks.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

"Bob La Londe" wrote in news:m5tm0v$i45$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I'm the guy who said "The only one way to know for sure is to try it. They should show any additional fees on the checkout page."

I was ONLY talking about the shipping fees. If they didn't add notice of added shipping fees before you checked out, then by all means call your CC company and dispute the charge. Might be worth filing a dispute with the BBB as well.

As a result of your posts, I will not use Woodcraft if I need a large piece of equipment shipped.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

"Bob La Londe" wrote in news:m5tm0v$i45$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Ship it back. Tell your credit card company the order for qty 4 was cancelled, the shipment of qty 1 was obviously an error on Woodcraft's part, you expect Woodcraft to reverse the charges and you refuse to pay. Your credit card company should back you up on that.

Woodcraft should also reimburse you for the cost of shipping it back, but you might have to eat that.

John

Reply to
John McCoy