Wood working store in Winnipeg

I will be going to Winnipeg on business next month - first time there in almost 20 years!
I know there is a Lee Valley and I already have the shopping list started. Are there any other good (or decent) WW stores in the Peg?

My sympathies <ggg>. I grew up there, and much prefer Saskatoon.
It's gone downhill, IMO.

I get back to see family every few years, but haven't sought out the shops. The last time I was there I stopped at LV but it wasn't open yet (I was heading out at about 9 am).
Let me know if you find anything cool. we'll be through again next summer on our way to the Whiteshell.

Check out Canadian Woodworker at 1054 Portage Ave. Winnipeg
Thanks Tom. Do they carry only power tools or do they have any neat hand tools?
wrote:

in
started.
Canadian Woodworker has large power tools, industrial machinery and many hand tools. There is a major wood show here the weekend of Sept 24-26 so stock might be disorganized when you get here. Hope you enjoy your trip to the Peg!

Thanks for the info Tom, their website seems to show only the larger power tools. I am sure I will enjoy my visit and I'm looking forward to it.
wrote:

there
yet
In high school my best friend's dad got transferred to Winnipeg when we were just going into grade 10. I went to visit him many times for the next number of years and made a lot of friends myself. This was back in the day when Regina still had only 2 TV stations, and I think I saw my first Pringles potato chips in Winnipeg!
Anyway, I used to like going there but you know how it is. After high school people sort of drift apart. I still keep in touch with my friend but not as frequently as I would like. As a consequence it has been a long time since I've been in the 'Peg.
The conference is right down town and I understand that there has been quite a bit of change since last time I was there. The Forks didn't exist last time I was there- at least not in their present form. So, despite the old joke that "Winnipeg is a lot like Regina - - - only dirtier" I'm kind of looking forward to going.
wrote:

started.

The Forks is great, no question. The river walk up the Assiniboine is terrific too.
But Portage Ave is nothing like it used to be since everything went indoors and underground. The entire downtown seems to me depressing.