wood warping: help

Hi there,
I pop on here every once in a while, like when I need help. :p
I am making Mahogany frames for 6' tall bookshelves. Very simple 2" x 3/4" wood. When I purchased the wood, I asked what a stable wood would be so it does not warp on me. He said they are all fine.
So it warped right after I cut the 2" strips. Duh. So now the long rectangular frames are glued together, mostly OK but one is still warped as a hole, which means one corner of the door will stick out maybe 1/2" and will not line up with its matching door other side.
So my big question is can I straighten it up before I stain and finish it? After?
If so, how? Should I use water or steam? Or will that warp it up more in other places? I am clamping it - pushing it in the opposite direction a bit for now.
Thanks,
Ross

side.
When you say it warped as a whole do you mean it twisted? Won't it go back to flat when you attach it to the carcase?

Yes, it twisted. I think once it is mounted with 2 hinges, one corner will stick out and not match up with the opposite door frame. If the magnet is strong enough to hold it down, great. But if not, then it will look bad.

will
it?
direction a

back
OK, so these are door frames and not face frames? What's going to go inside the frame? Glass, wood? If you put the frame flat on the floor, how much pressure does it take to flatten it out?
Ross wrote:

Stain mahogany? Isn't that illegal?
Anyway, I went through something similar with walnut poster frames a bit ago. They started to warp as soon as they came off the saw. Whee.
In my case, I used the wood anyway, and I nailed the frames to the wall in strategic places to hold them flat.
Your description is a bit vague, and I'm uncertain how the frames relate to the doors. I have no idea whether you might be able to cheat in a similar fashion or not.

Glass or plastic inside, frosted. I pushed with a postal scale - just over 2 lbs. Also tried the magnet and it may actually hold it. Maybe...
But I am still curious to know if there is anything I should do before I put finish on it..Or during drying?

other
finish
will
is
bad.
inside
much
2
put
If it's only a couple of pounds, the plastic/glass might bring it back. What thickness of glass/plastic are you using? If you're only using 1/16"glass, I'd think about going 1/8 or 3/16. As far as any other hints, just make sure you do all sides the same. If you put 3 coats of shellac on the outside, put 3 coats on the inside and edges.

What d'ya mean? I thought everyone stains mahogany??? What finish do you prefer????
Ross