wood wall plates:

I bought a few wooden switch plate covers 3and 4 gang types, I had to pre pay and order through a local lumber store the wait was 2 weeks they shipped wrong ones then reorder another 2 weeks wait kind of aggravating when you want to finish up a overdue project. I was wondering if anyone in this group had made wooden covers if the effort was worth it? I have a plunge router and table and assorted hand tools.

Sal

Reply to
sal

You wouldn't be the first to make your own switch covers and it can be done without a great deal of effort. A jig or two made out of thin ply is about all you'd need. But, that's not the question you need to answer.

What you need to know is would you enjoy making those switch covers? Would you get a small measure of satisfaction every time you passed one in the hall or switched one on? Is there something else that you need to build that's more important than switch covers?

In the end, most of us here (certainly not all) do woodworking just for the enjoyment of it. I'd say go for it. But, you have to decide if

*you* want to go for it. :)
Reply to
Dave