Wood Textures In CAD Program.

I'm trying to figure out how to import and use photorealistic wood textures into a CAD program.
The problem is described, along with a picture, on ABPW.
Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker
Looked at your web page. Read your poetry.
You are obviously a darn good woodworker.
:-)
Tom Watson wrote:

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
wrote:

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker
Tom,
I am a newbie to CAD so I cannot help you there but just wanted to let you know that your projects on your website are quite impressive.

Thanks.

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

Hi Tom,
I attached a rendering from TurboCad Pro V9 to a message on ABPW ... though I doubt it will remain long with all the .RAR files being dumped there. It's a big one ... I figured you needed plenty of detail.
I used the stock "maple" texture on a 3D piece and modified things slightly (played with color, scaling, trunk center ... all part of the edit properties screen).
Hope this helps,
Rick
Thanks.
On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 14:36:13 GMT, "Rick"

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker
http://inventorparts.com/Textures/mapping.html
http://www.cbliss.com/inventor/Textures/index.htm
http://www.sdotson.com/tutorials.asp
Hope these help.
Stephen R.

They helped a lot.
Thanks.
wrote:

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker
No problem.
Stephen R.

Thanks for the tips.
It looks like my basic problem was that I took the 96 x 96 pixel tile size to be gospel, rather than a suggestion.
Having grabbed a couple of finished wood photos and tweaked them in Photoshop to be about the size of the pieces that I wanted to apply texture to, I'm heading in the right direction.
Now I need to scan in some samples that I make myself, using the real wood with a real finish on it, and I should be able to tweak those enough to work.
I've put another image of the same drawing on ABPW, using the wood images I saved using the above technique.
Not there yet but getting there mo bettah.
Thanks again.
Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker