wood supplyers in UK

Hi
Being an enthusiastic newbie I have bought some powertools but need some wood to cut and plane and drill holes in. Can anybody recommend a hard wood supplyer in south east england (east berkshire) or aound there. I need oak, polar, lime, cherry, sawn board and cherry veneered mdf .
cheers larry
snipped-for-privacy@holger.co.uk (larry) wrote in message

Larry,
Try www.ukworkshop.co.uk
Rgds
Noel
S L Hardwoods in Croydon should be able to supply you ok. http://www.slhardwoods.co.uk /
I've used them a couple of times and never had any problems with any of their wood.
They don't have a great deal of stock at their Croydon office, but on the occasions I've paid them a visit, they've managed to get the wood in within a week. Oh, and they deliver, but at a cost......
It's difficult to locate any decent hard wood suppliers in SE England, the timber merchants I've visited either don't stock hard wood or if the do it's usually only one or two different types.
Maybe there aren't any carpenters in England anymore.....
Graham

These are good value and their delivery costs are MUCH lower than SL. http://www.britishhardwoods.co.uk/kiln.html hth
Looks interesting and their delivery charge is cheaper than SL's at 12.50 for ANY quantity, BUT, I'm not keen on their minimum Quantity:
Minimum Qty: 10m on any one stock, over " (19mm) thickness
Graham

South London Hardwoods.
www.slhardwoods.co.uk
Cheers