luck. There didn't use to be a commercial store, I doubt there is now
Your best bet is to make local contacts and try to find the local sources that turners and craftmakers use. But there is little native growth of the hardwoods you list.
Personally I think I would take the wood with me, or pre-ship it
Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
Intermountin lumber is no longer "local" but a good supplier and in driving distance from you.
Alan
I have another source at work in your area, a bit south about an hours drive. Might run trucks into your area to drop off.
Email me outside at:
a r w o m a c k 0 (one) at att . net
replace the (one) with 1 and it's zero 1 not O1

Rich,
Try Buckeye Hardwoods & Flooring ( http://www.buckeyehardwoods.com ). They are in Arlee, MT. I live in Belgrade (near Bozeman) and they recently opened a branch here. We finally have a bit of competition with Intermountain Wood Products and Renneberg Hardwoods doing business here as well.
Intermountain has a branch in Missoula, I believe.
Not sure how prices are west of the Continental Divide, but Buckeye was pretty competitive on the walnut I was looking at earlier this year, compared to Intermountain. But on some species Intermountain or Renneberg ended up being cheaper, so shop and compare...
Also, don't write off the local lumber yards. One of the local yards here had some nice oak and walnut at prices that gave the specialty outfits a run for their money. Hit or miss though.
-