Wood Store CLOSED - Bummer.

NW Woodworkers on Center Street in Tacoma (WA) closed their doors. I was just there last Saturday and nothing was said, or maybe I just wasn't paying attention. Today, doors closed and windows shuttered. Where do I go now? Anyone from this part of the country that knows of a place reasonably close?
Thanks,
Pat Fischer Olalla, WA
I've never been to NW Woodworkers. What kind of store was it? More specifically, what are you looking for. I'm in Auburn so do know the area.

They sold a few chisels, turning supplies and some stain but mostly you could get just about any wood species you wanted. Mostly rough cut and anything from shorts to long wide boards. Old guy ran it with help from, I think a granddaughter and a couple hired hands. They also did some custom milling work as well. I bought a couple hickory boards that are now a sofa back table. A year or so he had a boatload of 5/4 purple heart shorts (12"-18") that came from a warehouse floor in South America somewhere. Last week I bought some 4'x2"x2" Walnut that was to be a new coffee table. Alas I didn't buy enough..
Alternatives?
Patrick Fischer Olalla, WA

Crosscut Hardwoods in Seattle. Great selection and reasonable prices. 4100 first Ave SO, Seattle. Probably need to catch a ferry. It's a good ways around the water (near 60 miles according to maps.com). I think you'll find it worth the trip though.

Of course the other alternative is a trip to Port Townsend and EdenSaw. My experience is that EdenSaw is more expensive then Cross Cut, but they also stock a wider variety of woods.
When the lumber store that is now in Belfair, was in Silverdale, they stocked some hardwoods, but boy did they want those pieces more then I did.
Lastly, for turning stock I buy (via eBay) from a fellow in Suquamish, which is even closer).
Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
"I feel your pain". When Woodworkers Supply went out of business it meant the closing of the only WW specialty store of any kind within an hour's drive. Yea, catalogs are great but getting your paws on stuff and being able to ask questions is worth it. Oh well, at least Woodcraft is right beside Harbor Freight.