Wood Storage

I see a cloud in that Liberty Bell.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

ROTFL. Damn, and probably a little too straight!

Reply to
Leon

OK so I finally remembered to lock the rotation on my iPad and was able to take a look upside down. ::-)

Reply to
Leon

On 10/01/2016 8:21 PM, woodchucker wrote: ...

You'd be surprised perhaps at how many professional woodworkers have extensive outside sheds similar to that described here, then, perhaps. Over the years pictures in Find Woodworking of various contributors' shops have shown many such lowly storage facilities with tremendous accumulations...

Reply to
dpb

yabbut, If I cut it up, the next week I'll need it 1" longer (BTDT) 8^)

-BR

Reply to
Brewster

Points well taken!

I'm in the SW, anything over 10% humidity is sweltering 8^). Inside, outside, the RH is always the same here.

As for bugs, the only problems are the black widows setting up home (wish they would kill that damn squirrel)!

-BR

Reply to
Brewster

I remember David Marks' "barn-o-slabs" he showed on an episode of "Wood Works". Around here, just keep the (rare) rain off and all is well. I do allow for the standard settling time after initial milling.

-BR

Reply to
Brewster

I'm aware of that. I said it was my opinion. An overhang around here won't prevent wet wood. I get blasted by heavy winds. Also I have had many bugs in wood sitting outside.

So my opinion is to avoid it.

BTW just because you see it in a Fine Woodworking or any magazine, does not make it right. There are a lot of talented wood workers out there who build beautiful stuff, but there methods might not always be the best. Then there are total hacks who get time, who do not have methods or ability. Then there are the guys who can't build for shit, and have good methods.. So just because you saw it in fine ww, doesn't mean a thing.

Reply to
woodchucker

On 10/02/2016 10:37 AM, woodchucker wrote: ...

Well, I'll take stuff from Tage Frid, Chris Becksvoort, Lonny Bird and a host of others any day, thank you very much. I can pretty much recognize "who's who in the zoo"...

Reply to
dpb