wood stain on carpet

I refinished the staircase banister and its gorgeous, but got one spot of stain on the carpet. What solvent do you think might dissolve the stain while melting the carpet the least?
Thanks, Mike

Jeff

Mineral spirits is what I was thinking but had never tried it on carpet. Flushed it with carpet cleaner and a wet vac. Did no harm and a lot of good. Thanks for the encouragement, Mike
On Saturday, October 19, 2013 4:19:56 PM UTC-4, woodchucker wrote:

wrote in message
I refinished the staircase banister and its gorgeous, but got one spot of stain on the carpet. What solvent do you think might dissolve the stain while melting the carpet the least?
Thanks, Mike
I never wear gloves when I stain or paint stuff. Of course I get this on me hands. I use Fast Orange hand cleaner and it cleans off even after drying. Then wash with water. Try that. Let it soak in for several minutes then wipe with a wet cloth. That takes it out on my clothes. WW
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

anywhere. As always, try on a spot of carpet in an inconspicuous place, first.
--
Jim in NC