Wood stain on carpet

I had a bad spill of dark wood stain on my carpet and didn't know it until it dried. I've had partial success with soaking the stain in mineral spirits and scrubbing like crazy...the stain doesn't seem to have actually "stained" the carpet, just dried in between the tiny little strands. Any ideas?

Potted plant
Mike Bates wrote:

Try a product called Goof-Off, it's pretty good.
--
Donnie Vazquez
Sunderland, MD

That's instant karma, dude. Thou shalt not stain wood. Even pineywood.
- Ever wonder what the speed of lightning would be if it didn't zigzag? - http://diversify.com Full Service Web Application Programming
Splatter more stain onto the carpet. Make it look like an artsy-fartsy piece.     mahalo,     jo4hn
Mike Bates wrote:

hi mike
I have been a pro carpet cleaner for many years. you have done all you can do yourself. a pro might be able to lighten the new color of your carpet with a heat transfer process but it will not remove the new color. Patching may be the best answer to your problem depending on the age and wear pattern.
Len