wood spots

I have a cherry and maple bed. It does not have a finish on it. I have noticed a couple of spots on the bed that are like ash colored, I'm wondering what this is. I'm wondering if it's because I need to oil it or it needs a protective finish on it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I forgot to say in the last post that I have read abou bleaching, I'm wondering if I can use this method or will it discolor the wood. The wood that the spots are on is a light maple.
Fri, Feb 8, 2008, 6:28am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@students.uwlax.ed did post again. <snip>
Next time just post in the same thread, instead of starting a completely new thread about the same thing.
Not enough details. And, yeah, a finish would be good. Try wiping the spots off.
JOAT - who does not welcome thread question e-mails..
10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I don't have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.

On those light spots, did you by any chance have anything setting there. If so the wood that was exposed to light has faded darker. If this is the case let the lighter spots get more light and they too will darken. This is a problem with Cherry.
snipped-for-privacy@students.uwlax.edu wrote:

Are you sure it doesn't have a finish???
How big are the spots? Shape? Can you get pictures? The more details the better the responses. Did it get wet? Are the spots growing?
Anything you do probably should be done to the whole bed. Without more details I am reluctant to provide a possible solution.
ron